Thread: I'm sick - will DD get it?

Default I'm sick - will DD get it?

*Blergh*

I have come down with something this morning, maybe gastro or something that is making everything come out of the top end.

Will my DD catch it? I've asked DF to come home to look after her. What sort of precautions shall I take? She is BF, should I see if she will take formula for the day or shall I express before feeds and get DF to feed her?

Enchanted Guest

Oh no V! Big *hugs*, I hope you get better soon. IMO I think you should keep bfing Avaleigh or express so she can still get your anitbodies etc.

Take care and rest up.

sorry to hear you are ill - your dd will probably end up with it if it's contagious but i found Will tended to get rid of things faster when he was little as he was getting my antibodies through the milk from before he actually came down with it.

Hope you are feeling better soon

Julie x

Oooh V :hugs: hun - I would just keep feeding Avaleigh as normal. I found that if I was sick then Izzy wouldnt get it and if she was sick I didnt get it - so our bodies produced the anti-bodies to protect each other IYKWIM...
    Rest up lots and heaps of fluids too hun.
    Last edited by Beach Mama; October 30th, 2007 at 04:15 PM.

Hi V, keep feeding Avaleigh as she will benefit from the antibodies you make, just be SCRUPULOUS with your hand washing before you pick her up, feed her etc. Hopefully it will skip right past her - and I hope you feel better soon too!

Thanks everyone!!

After a little nap I felt a lot better and even managed some lunch. Right now I am just feeling tired so am taking it easy.

I am still feeding Avaleigh as normal cause its just so much easier! Hopefully she wont catch whatever I had.