Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infants Friend??

Question Infants Friend??

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to know if any of you other mothers used Infants Friend for wind pain etc? Ewan has been quite a difficult baby (to say the least) crying not stop for about the last 6 weeks and we had tried loads of other colic/wind remedies to no avail. I decided to try Infants Friend and it really works a treat! He isn't as grizzly and is sleeping for longer periods as well. What I really wanted to know is it ok to use with every feed or is that overdoing it? It just really helps him, but I don't want to abuse it, if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance,
    Nita

As far as I know it's Buscopan for babies if that helps.

I dunno - it's hard when something actually works - you feel like worshipping the bottle it comes out of!

Maybe with each feed for a day or two, then ease it back to every 2nd feed? Keep the cot propped and all the other stuff too. I'm not a doc though!

Good luck

I beleive and like lulu am not a dr infants friend is natural based where as some others are medicine based does that make sense

we also use it before using panadol on Jack

Thanks girls,

I think you are right Rach75, it is all natural based. I still think I will use it like Lulu2 said and change to every second feed, then slowly stop and only use it if he is really unsettled. It is so lovely to find something that works. He is a completely different baby compared to the last few weeks.

Nita

Hi Nita
    My daughter used Infrant's friend with her first baby and they LOVED it. They used it every feed with no problems. He is now 2 and they still use it if he seems unsettled for any reason. She tried it with baby 2, but it did nothing for her.
    Regards Chris

i loved infants frined .. we used it before/after every feed !! we never had a problem ..

morgan78 Guest

I love infants friend it is the only thing that seems to help our DD when she is windy - however if we use it more than once a day it makes her bowels very loose so maybe keep an eye out for that

Have you seen a GP or Paed about this? It might help, I tried everything with my DS for 8 weeks, and when I finally took him to see my GP she referred me to a Paed and he diagnosed him straight away with Silent Reflux. I'm not saying your baby has it to, but it does sound very similiar to the way Jack was when he was a newborn. I just wish I had taken him sooner, I felt aweful I had let it go so long. But at least he is the happiest little fellow now Good luck. We did get some relief with the Infants friends, but he was never settled. Good luck.

suzy454 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Neatisme View Post
    Hi ladies,

Just wanted to know if any of you other mothers used Infants Friend for wind pain etc? Ewan has been quite a difficult baby (to say the least) crying not stop for about the last 6 weeks and we had tried loads of other colic/wind remedies to no avail. I decided to try Infants Friend and it really works a treat! He isn't as grizzly and is sleeping for longer periods as well. What I really wanted to know is it ok to use with every feed or is that overdoing it? It just really helps him, but I don't want to abuse it, if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance,
    Nita
    Hi,

Infants friend was the ONLY thing that worked on my daughter so I highly recommend it!

HI there,

When my baby girl was a newborn she had terrible wind and would cry for ages. Infant friends was a lifesaver. I used it for every feed for quite a while, and then I cut it back to when she needed it. I don't think it would hurt your bub as it is natural. Good luck and I hope things continue to get better!

I have just started using Infants friend on my little boy as he screams when he passes wind, even more so he is on it. Has anyone else this problem?

suzy454 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by suzy454 View Post
    Hi,

Infants friend was the ONLY thing that worked on my daughter so I highly recommend it!
    It's fine to use with every feed but I found if I used it every feed it lost its effect after a while and didn't work as well.

my MIL had a foster baby who was from a drug mother, Infants Friend was the only thing we could use on him to settle him, especially when he was going through withdrawals, we used it on the bub from the age of about 4 days old (when MIL got him).

suzy454 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by punkin View Post
    my MIL had a foster baby who was from a drug mother, Infants Friend was the only thing we could use on him to settle him, especially when he was going through withdrawals, we used it on the bub from the age of about 4 days old (when MIL got him).
    Wow poor little bub, Whats it like to foster? do you know whats involved?

Quote Originally Posted by suzy454 View Post
    Wow poor little bub, Whats it like to foster? do you know whats involved?
    my MIL used to foster, she would just come and visit us with the kids on a regular basis or we'd go visit her - so I got a lot of time with various kids with differing issues (she was an emergency care foster parent) like drug withdrawals or being abused etc

don't know what is involved, she no longer does it

Hi,

I tried infants friend and it didnt really do much for my DD - I also tried the brauer colic relief which was bit better and all natural. You can also make up a cammomile tea (just dip the teabag in hot water to give it a slight colour -its the main ingredient in most of the wind relief tonics).

But I did take my DD to a chiropracter and all her wind/colic pain stopped after 3 sessions, and she started to even sleep through the night from 7wks.

If Infants Friend is working for you, then stick to it

BOL

We used it before a feed - about 10mins before. It worked really well. Then the circumcision dr suggested Donnalix Drops, and that worked much better.

I would recommend both, maybe the Donnalix for the worse wind (if that makes sense).

I used infants friend with both babies until about 3-4 months as the colic seemed to ease off then.

I couldn't live without it - it made such a difference and I was talking to someone at an ABA meeting who said her naturopath looked at it and said other than one ingredient that is what she would have made up for the lady's daughter.

I used it before feeds in the morning and at night and that was enough to do the trick and help with sleeping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast