Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IVF Babies.... What Gender??

Default IVF Babies.... What Gender??

There is a few threads going around the forums about gender/babies!

Which got me to thinking that 90% of couples that I know who had a successful IVF cycle, ended up with a BOY!!!

Now I am curious LOL!! Did you go thru IVF and what gender did you have first and or second/third time round???
    (Obviously I had a BOY he he!)

I've had 3 IVF pregnacys with ICSI and ended up with girls all the time..fingers crossed next one is sprinkled with Blue bits
    Bec

Wow, Good luck for next time sending you some blue baby dust!!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

My friend who had many IVF babies had all boys bar one, and told me her doctor said this is because the male sperm are fastest to the egg?! I don't know, but I do know many who have had boys also.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Yes, I have also heard that the male sperm travels the fastest, and the female sperm live the longest!
    They havent got very far to swim in a dish either, so I guess the boys would be going great guns LOL! Poor Girl sperms have no hope!!!

I suppose then that is why ICSI rates of boys is lower than in other IVF, because the sperm is selected and put into the egg directly. I guess it doesnt really matter how fast they swim, then!

i had 5 unsuccessful attempts at IVF using ICSI & was told there was a really high chance of having a girl as girl sperm swim slower & are easier to catch - i forget the percentage they said girl to boy births here but girls far out numbered boys

tiggy Guest

We were told that there is a higher incidence of boys because, when they are cleaned and spun, the blue swimmers have a higher survival rate!

I have done the IVF once and had a beautiful baby boy. Im waiting to see if Im pg again through IVF on the 18th of this month.

I dont really care if its another boy but would be nice to have another girl. I have a 12 year old girl natly.

Missy

Hi bec g

How long have you been doing the IVF as you have had 3 pg with it.???

Missy

Good Luck with it all Missy. I'm Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Like you, I am also quite happy to have another boy, a little brother for DS next time round too! Cant wait!!!!

I know Ally I just want another one so bad. I just wish it would happen but I have this feeling that im not. I dont feel the same as I did with Callum. I was tired and sick just before I found out I was pg.

My levels with the pg test with callum were through the roof. Reason being is because Callum took in the womb and the other embryo went back down the tube and implanted itself in my overy. Thats why I bleed for 13weeks and it wasnt till I had my c section that the doc found it there. He told me I was very lucky that it died on its own and didnt keep growing as i could have died and Callum 2. Thats why i had a lot of pain cause it was growing!!!!

I thank God so much ... I trully am blessed.

Missy

Missy, You poor chook. What a story, I cant imagine how scary that would have felt finding out. I always thought that an etopic type preg couldnt happen with IVF, but i guess i am wrong! Very scary.
    I had no idea at all when i fell preg with DS. I was convinced with all the cramping, that AF was definately on her way. Obviously not though. I hope i have the same luck this month.
    IKWYM, I feel very blessed too

Ally

Yes aprtly Eptopic pg is quiet high in IVF as the embryo takes a few day to implant so some times it can travel back in the tube. Its very scary stuff. I guess these are the chances we take when we want a baby so much!!!! We just have to have Faith!!!!

Missy

Ally, a close GF of mine is on her 3rd IVF pregnancy........her first (same age as Liv) is a boy, her 2nd (same age as Charlie) is a girl and her 3rd (due anyday!) is a boy...........(tis spooky: we have had parallel pregnancies, just reversed the sexes each time!)

IVF DD

Both babies IVF. # 1 was a boy and # 2 a girl - gotta be happy with that!! Both were on a fresh cycle so were the best embryos transfered.

Lucy, thats so cool!!

Humphrey, You must be thrilled!!! Congratulations Does this mean that you didnt have any luck with FET's if they were both from fresh cycles? Sorry, hope you dont mind me asking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast