Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeping socks/shoes on

Default Keeping socks/shoes on

Is there anyway at all to make a baby keep their socks on? It is so cold now and Maggie's feet are freezing, but she pulls of every pair of socks/bootees/shoes I put on her!. I only have a couple of pairs of pants with feet in them, otherwise I would dress her in those.

Any ideas?

Astrid,
    Indah does the same & often pulls her leggings, tracksuit pants off too, whilst in bed!?

I have no ideas... Maddy never took hers off & I always put socks & shoes on coz she loved them, Indah takes them all off! LOL.... My girls are so different!

Lily used to be like this aswell, but now she just loves them and is always wanting to wear shoes and socks. She's even tried putting them on herself.

Only suggestion i have is to just put her in those pants with covered feet.

I always use pants with covered feet. With Tilly, I found tracksuits with the feet in them and used them until she was walking, then I just got them with the stuff on the bottom of the sole to stop her slipping. I swear by the outfits with feet in them, and only ever use socks to put under these xo

Can't do it. Ned HATES socks and shoes too. I think it's just one of those things...

I do have some trackies with feet, but when I put them on him he cracks it...

He just likes playing with his bare toes, even if they are frozen!

So sorry, no suggestions, but I will be keeping my eye on this thread for any answers!

Right now Paige is wandering around the house, feet freezing. All three of mine were the same at this age. Sends Dh around the twist sometimes. I actually think in a strange sort of way that it is how they keep their body temp regulated because it really doesn't seem to bother them (but I'm probably reading too much into it *lol*)

Sorry Astrid, this hasn't helped you much, but I reckon the first parent to come up with a solution for this will make a gazillion dollars.

Actually is does worry DH more than it worries me. I tend to just make sure she is warm every where else. I think both me and DH will just have to put up with the fact she loves pulling her socks off. She even pulls them off the feet of other babies.

Alana just started pulling her socks off. Like you Astrid it seems to bother Frank more so than me. But I have started to put stockings underneath her pants. No way those suckers are coming off!

Stockings are great. When Yasin was born my sister gave me some nice thick stockings for Yasin. DH took one look and said 'there's no way my son's wearing stockings' but as soon as winter arrived and Yasin started kicking his socks off he changed his mind.
    For this winter we got Yasin PJs with feet on them. They have buttons on the waist so you can button the top to the bottom if you want.

I came across some great shoes which will keep socks on as I had the same problem but these shoes do work well, now and again Matthew manages to get socks, shoes, pants off LOL but he has to persevere quite a bit to get the shoes off in the first place. I`ll get the name off them when Matthew gets up from his nap, I normally take them off but forgot today, they are made off leather so are nice and soft and great for growing feet.

When we moved from Darwin to Adelaide with Olivia we had to try & get her to keep socks on (bear in mind she had worn pretty much nothing apart from a nappy and a singlet for the first 14 months of her life, so this was a REAL struggle for us!)

The only shoe that worked (ie stayed on and didn't annoy her: she didn't even try and tug them off.....in fact she loved them!) was the Robeez pre-walkers. (Just Google Robeez...) You can get these online.....they are ADORABLE, a bit expensive, but they are so well made and well designed and approved by paediatrics for baby foot development etc.........& best of all, they STAY ON!!

Hi Astrid, I`ve finally got back on to tell you the name of the shoes I`ve brought for Matthew, they are called - Cheeky Little Soles.

I was going to buy the brand Lucy has mentioned but before I did I came across Cheeky Little Soles (Google them) and found them to be more within the price I`d pay plus very similar to the Robeez shoes.

Take Care

Dee

Kirsty77 Guest

You could always sew some socks into her pants then when it gets warmer just unpick them.

Dee......I am off to look at those Cheeky Little Soles now.....Charlie needs shoes and has Olivia's hand me down Robeez, but I did want to get him a pair of his own too, but not spend the Robeez price!!

They are great Lucy, I only brought one pair to see how they are thinking Matthew will still be able to pull them off but 98% of the time they stay on, I`m going to buy another pair for him.

Matilda hates having anything on her feet & will pull anything off she can. The other night I went in to check on her before going to sleep & she was naked on her bed asleep. Thats right 10 degrees outside, and even the nappy was off. I had to redress her and tuck her in and hope for the best. I can't even have a heater in her room because she loves to play with them when she wakes up.

My first suggestion is stockings under the pants too. Theres no way she will get them off. Not unless she's one very clever little girl. Tehya like to get to her feet too, likes to "tiggle tiggle" them LOL. Don't they understand that it's just gettin gtoo cold for bare feet. Goodluck. BT going to check out the Cheeky Little Soles too, Thanks

Hehe I was going to suggest Robeez & Cheeky Little Soles too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast