Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Late immunisations

Sorry, I was a little off. I thought 6 months was the latest, but it must be 8 months. That's my poor memory - this is going back to when T was a baby. He didn't have it though, it was available at a cost but wasn't on the schedule. But I remember that there was an upper limit for timing as it's not known whether or not it's safe after that.

Funny they didn't say anything to you Willow.

Was around when Chelsea was born, it was a paid thing then as well....so new to me. I never really wanted to give it but Dh always took Jasmine for needles and was always given....

Gee what hard could some more drugs in their tiny bodies do?? (end sarcasm)...LOL

I really wish immunistations were so 'do the right thing and get them done'....i get the guilt trip if i say we are not doing them, i give in every time.

Is the Rotavirus vax the oral one? Oliver had his 2 month vax yesterday (at 4.5 months) and was too late for the oral vax. I had them done at the council session (free, as opposed to my GP who charges $50 a visit) and they didn't say anything at all about him being late which surprised me, I was expecting a bit of a lecture.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Have you thought about homeopathocally vaccinating? I was speaking to the lovely naturopath at BellyBelly, Nicole, and she was telling me of the studies that showed non-vaccinated chidren actually had stronger immune systems. There are lots of new vaccines out there at the moment, it concerns me, we are always finding out bad side effects and not doing enough study but all these new things just keep coming out... I stopped vaccinating and my kids have been very healthy. I know all Pinky's kids are not vaccinated either and they are very healthy, smart and intelligent kids. In fact, whenever there is an outbreak of something, its the parents of vaccinated kids that jump up and down - but shouldnt they be wondering why their vaccinated kids got sick?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hmmmm. I was 2 months late with Pip's vaccination, and maybe that's why we're not getting the $$$$ paid to the CCC. Doh.

You should get the immunisation benefit regardless, even if you choose not to vaccinate. You just need to sign a form to say you are making an informed decision not to vaccinate. Don't they pay it at 18 months tho?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Kelly whats homeopathocally vaccinating?

Kaz you will get the immnunisation allowence at 12 months. You will also get a letter from FAO if Pip isnt up to date saying they will cut your CCB if you dont get them up to date (unless they have done that and already cut your money). I got one for Jasmine the other week, but we dont get any help so theres nothign for them to cut!

You use homeopathics instead of pharmaceuticals If you are free on a Tuesday or Thursday, pop down to the centre and have a chat with our naturopaths about what it involves - you can buy the homeopathic vaccination kits from Nicole, not sure if Jocelyn has them? But probably could access them. Or Nicole might pop in here...
    Kelly xx

You actually get the immunisation allowance at 18 months. But I think they stop the CCB when any vaccinations are missed. But they do warn you first.

doh. I missed opening a letter that said they were about to cut the CCB but now he's vacc'd. Turns out the CCB was stopped cause they're moving from one system to another and centrelink put his birthday in the system wrong by a day. So now I have to take his birth certificate to centrelink. Yay. There goes my monday.

Kim, on the rotavirus vac, there are 2 forms Rotarix or Rotateq.
    Rotarix is given in 2 doses at 2 and 4 months. Or
    Rotateq is 3 doses given at 2, 4, and 6 months.

Sounds like different states may use different forms. We had Rotarix here, so the 2 doses. Maybe where you are they give Rotateq..They do the same job though, same effectiveness.

Thanks Lee.....we have Rotateq here...

Might have to think about that Kelly and pop in (oh my im bound to get lost!!)

Default Homeopathic Prophylaxis

As far as I know, you should receive the CCB whether your child is vaccinated or not - as long as you send in the conciencious objection to vaccination form signed by your GP. It is perfectly within your rights to delay individual vaccinations, or delay the entire vaccination schedule if you wish.

From my experience, I have seen many children who have had homeopathic prophylaxis (the homeopathic equivalent to pharmaceutical vaccination) and they seem to have a much stronger immune system, and seem to be more resilient to common childhood ailments. I always have homeopathic prophylaxis kits in stock, along with articles and relevant information for parents.

Isaac Golden has completed his PhD in homeopathic prophylaxis, where he undertook a 20 year study comparing children who were conventionally fully vaccinated, completely unvaccinated, or homeopathically 'vaccinated'. The results are pretty amazing - check out his website for more info:
    Research Into Natural Immunisation

Making a decision about the best way to vaccinate your child is a very personal and difficult choice indeed. The best way is to weigh up the pros and cons and educate yourself on your options. I'm happy to discuss this further - either on this forum or at the BellyBelly Pregnancy Centre.

x Nicole

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12