Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lotions, Creams, etc For Baby

Scarlett Guest

Fi we have been adding a bit of sorbelene to Em's bath and it seems to work really well like that. A note on Paw Paw ointment, I have heard it is fantastic, but my Uncle used it on his lip and it burnt all the skin off. He ended up having to have cortisone shots to make it grow back. Could be a one off reaction but I am certainly staying away from the stuff just in case.

Melinda Guest

I wonder if that was an allergic reaction? I've used paw-paw ointment on my own skin as I found it helped with the small patch of dermatitis that I developed on my hand.

I found that bathing Jacob daily was a great evening routine, Fi. It really relaxes him....he has been known to fall asleep in the bath LOL!!! Jacob actually started sleeping through the night as soon as we introduced the nightly bath....I think that it really relaxed him, and he began to associate the bath with his last bottle and a nice long sleep. It's a really nice way to end the day too I've found....very relaxing for both you and bubs (either DH or I will have a bath with Jacob). Initially however, we were bathing Jacob every second day and we would do it during the day whenever it was convenient.

I can definitely vouch for the botty butter being nice too. A bit pricey, but it is very gentle and will last you for ages! I haven't had to buy any more yet, and Jacob is 7.5m old!

Custardtart Guest

STAY AWAY from J&J stuff, it is so highly perfumed that using it is just asking for a reaction from sensitive newborn skin. Their marketing campaigns are really good, but the products are actually quite harsh.
    Even their 'no more tears' shampoo is almost pure detergent, it might be pH balanced, but chemical analysis of it has shown that it is basically just a neutral-ph detergent plus fragrance. Babies need something milder.

I was given J&J products as gifts, and both my children had skin reactions to all of their bath products, the baby oil was ok but I'd personally prefer to get a pure pressed oil from the health food shop! It makes the skin softer, reading here that baby oil is mineral based, that makes a lot of sense.

I run a J&J-free household

Baby skin doesn't need soap, just a good rinse. I used a little mild, pure soap on a washer for dirty bots - Pears glycerine soap is the only commercially produced soap I can use on one of my children without a skin reaction.

Kerrie

Hey girls, I just come back from a team meeting where one of the members mentioned the excema thing. Her child had it so bad and nothing worked. She used Hemp Body Butter on him and it has done wonders. I am always being asked about products for excema so I'm telling everyone!!

Hi,

Information overload???

Well, here's a quick one. I have a baby that has the most sensitive skin I have ever seen (even my sensitive than my seriously fair skin!).

I use Sudocream only when his bottom is red, and it fixes it overnight!

My other 2 babies were ok with just about anything else.

I don't bath my baby in anything other than cool water - on advice from the paediatrican.

Good luck with your baby!

Alana Xxx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123