Thread: Making me so upset....

Unhappy Making me so upset....

Well little Harmony is just a treasure.

She never cries, smiles alll the time, and has just started laughing at 8 wks!!! And she puts her little hands out on my face when were playing or singing.... We are sooo in love its pathetic.... she hears my voice and starts to smile before she can see me....

But in her first few weeks of life, she constantly had her hands near her face and up the back of her head... and would let out a blood curdling scream... we discovered she was pulling her own hair, and couldn't get her fingers out.... I had to rush in and pull her little fingers out, and her scalp would be all red....

It was such habit to have her hands up there, I dont doubt she did in the womb all the time too.....(hands up near her head thing)

And just yesterday I suddenlt thought ' she must of been doing that on the inside too"... and now I cant get it out of my head... that she was pulling her hair and being in pain inside too, without me to help untangle her fingers

I know I cant change it, but the thought makes me soooo sad......

That is so sweet. My DD was exactly the same her hands were always up near her face and neck and I thought the same thing she must have been like that in the womb. She is now 16mths and only does it when she is tired. The only thing I can suggest is maybe when you put her to sleep is perhaps put some gloves on her which would stop her little fingers getting tangled in her hair. All the best.

Regards,
    Dianne

I just had a thought...maybe she wasn't doing the same thing in the womb, her hair would have been all wet with Vernix, amniotic fluid etc and probably stuck to her head not nice and dry and easy to pull at!

I agree with Jas, plus her hair would've been shorter too!

Try not to dwell on it hun, she wouldn't have learnt to do it in the womb all the time if it was causing her pain, kwim? Probably a bit of a shock to her when she did do it "on the outside" and it hurt (hence the screams)...but by then she had her lovely mummy to comfort her and make it right .

My DD does this too when she's over-tired. Take heart hun..babies don't get 'over-tired' in the womb because there isn't any stimulation, just a nice cozy, warm, rocking home inside her mumma!

I agree with Jas, I don't think it would have been easy for her to grab a handful of wet, slippery hair on the inside. It probably would have felt like running her hands through conditioner and probably felt quite nice LOL!

She sounds like an absolute delight