Thread: mouldy bibs

Question mouldy bibs

hey there
    a few of bubbys bibs have some mouldy spots on them any one got any ideas on how i could get that off? atm they have bi carb soda and lemon juice on them and are out in the sun.. thats just a guess though any ideas?

will be watching with interest as I have the same problem and have had no success with removal to date

No idea - I tried vinegar and putting them in the sun, ended up throwing them out. Now I just make sure that the bibs are dried before putting them in the washing basket.

Have you tried Milton Sterilising solution? And then hanging out in the sun? Or else Dettol can sometimes work too.

i think i have a few milton tablets somewhere from a sample will have to seek them out

I'm the same noni so will give it a go when the sun next arrives (up here we could be waiting a while)

I have had the same problem and ended up throwing them out

i have the same problem and actually blame it on banana!! it goes black if not washed straight away!!

avocado is the same....Lucky the ones that were bad were cheap and I tossed them..

After Logan has finished his meal i put the bib straight into a bucket of water mixed with napisan. I have found thats the best way to prevent mouldy bibs. Although,i have also found Bannana is very hard to get out, and always stains unless rinsed straight away.

HTH,
    Simone

Pour concentrated bleach on it, rub it in, let it sit for a bit and then wash as normal and dry in direct sunlight. It might take a few goes depending on how bad it is. I did this with a top of DD's and it worked pretty well. But FWIW, I usually chuck the bibs if they aren't expensive ones...

MG