Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nappy Changing - Boy vs Girl

Girls are harder when they do the pee's - boys you can dodge them, but girls... Anneliese does them when i dont notice, they just dribble down underneath her until she's surrounded by wee, and i put my hand straight in it...

OK - I reckon girls are quicker to clean as a newborn. Provided the poo isn't too explosive. With boys there are so many nooks and crannies, and I have to use a really wet face washer cause I'm scared of rubbing his skin too hard!

But I expect as they get older, and the poos more prolific, the boy wil be easier as less "infection risk" so to speak. A couple of times Jenna's poos have actually gone right up her privates, and thats just plain nasty to have to clean.

The weeing thing is amazing! I would never have thought a newborn (3d old) had enough wee to make a fountain, but he did :wink:

LOL its fine caro, you just have a laugh abut it

Debbie Lee Guest

Caro - Gabby has wee'd when on the change table and managed to squirt me... mind it wasn't in the face but it went everywhere! Either way, both boys and girls can be dangerous!! LOL

Thats right.. i havent been hit yet by Jesse's fountain. Though once when i was changing him, DH had his hand on the side of the change table and Jesse managed to aim it at him haha. But its only wee.. it washes away.. ive only seen the fountain out twice other than in the bath and it doesnt go as high to get you in the face.. unless you have a naked baby sitting on your chest while youre lying on the floor, like that lady on Funniest Home Videos! Like Der! :wink:
    Last edited by ShootingStar; January 7th, 2007 at 11:11 AM.

I've got one of each and I reckon the girl was easier! At least she doesn't pee on my face at 3am!! He's done this so many times now you'd think I'd learn but nup!

I find changing Charlie easier. Lily always used to wee everytime. But Charlie has only ever done it once and it was in HIS face, lol. A lot less poo to clean up too because it's not all over everything.

Hmm, I really don't know which one I prefer. Having had Erin previously, by the time Paige came along I was an expert at changing little girls, but had she been a boy, it would have been weird getting used to a little boy again.

There are 2 ladies with boy/girl twins in my Mum's group and both of them said when this topic came up that the boys were easier.

I've noticed that Lucas' bits keep the poo from coming too far up the front, and I think boy's are easier to clean 'cause you don't need to worry about wiping front to back every time.

After 3 girls and a couple of weeks practice with Sammy..i concluded that it was easier changing a boy. I was forever paranoid about poos getting in where it shouldnt with the girls but with Sammy it just seems easier.

Jo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12