Thread: Nappy Free Time

Default Nappy Free Time

Hey All!!

I've been thinking about giving Avaleigh some nappy free time as I am sure those nappies get pretty annoying being on 24/7!! I know that I am absolutely fed up with having my bra on 24/7!!

So, just wondering if you give your baby nappy free time and how you do it??!! I am afraid that Avaleigh is going to wee and poo everywhere!! HAHA But I was thinking if I put her on a blanket/cloth cappies then it shouldnt be a problem...

TIA

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Lie her own a blanket on the floor and let her kick around and chances are she may pee but at least not on carpet!!

This is a great idea Veronica. Olivia absolutely adores her nappy free time and it always make her giggle,smile and squeal without fail. I put her on her play mat and have a towel under her. To save washing I save the towel I used from her bath that day and use that one. I have to wash it anyway so what's a little pee. I usually have to end up changing her outfit because for the life of me I don't know how but she seems to pee UP her back. Go figure. I don't care cause it is a small price to pay for how much she loves it. Let us know how Avaleigh likes it. It won't be long and she'll be like Olivia squirming and yelling at the me when I try to put her nappy back on. It's just so cute. Have fun.

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

at that age, i used to give bilby a few sessions of nappy free time per day. I would take her clothes off (so no clothes would get wee-ed on) and lay her on her back, on a mattress protector mat (Swaddlebees make them, i got mine at the wee wuns). That mat is waterproof, soft for her to lie on, and as she couldn't go anywhere (just kick alot!) she stayed put, so when she wee-ed, i just cleaned her up, and threw the mat into the washing machine, one thing to wash, no problem.

i did try lying her on towels, but she wee-ed through so many layers, i ended up having to put SO many towels down, meant heaps of washing, wasn't worth it to me.

Now my bub is a Crawling Machine, she no longer gets nappy free time, so i remember when we could, with fondness, at least she got a rest from being clothed always! Gave her skin a chance to breathe.

I bought a felt-backed vinyl tablecloth from Woolies (about $3) that's huge, and I put Pip on that. If he pees, then hopefully it's when he's on his tum and not his back

Now he's rolling around, I'm trying to fix up the lawn outside so he can go nuddy there ... doesn't matter then what he does.

Also I pick a time after he's done his poo (Pip's almost like clockwork) and I've never had a problem.

I use a Huggies change mat underneath either towels or a cloth terry flats. Youdo need to catch the wee quick in case it goes thorugh and now that shes rolling its really trick! Kazbah - the felt backed tablecloth is a brilliant idea- someone in my babies group suggested that and I keep forgetting to get her one! According to Isabelle's swimming teacher - babies poo within the hour of a feed so if you want to avoid poo, maybe wait until after that!
    Have fun- she will LOVE it!!

I always give Eleanor nappy free time after her bath she has a habit of peeing all over the place.
    If we wasn't in a rental or it didn't have carpet everywhere i might do it more as it wouldn't matter about the pee or poo.

... and there I was thinking that girls wouldn't be doing the squirters as much as boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazbah View Post
    ... and there I was thinking that girls wouldn't be doing the squirters as much as boys!
    LOL, I think it is still a little bit more manageable than boys'
    I put Natalie on the change mat with a towel on top. If it goes through the towel it won't get on the carpet that way. If she rolls off (she's not crawling yet, bless her) I just shift her back on. And if I sit her in front of her mirrored wardrobe she doesn't roll around too much - she's too busy chatting herself up, LOL.