Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nicknames for your children?

Jen Schuster Guest

Joshua gets Monster alot at the moment while his teeth are coming down.

AKA -Mummys little angel boy, Mr Squiggle (cause he refuses to stay still) Little native boy(cause he refuses to wear clothes), munchkin, and yummy bum(dont ask me where this came from???!!)

love

jen

Default reply

Well when Nyah was a tiny baby, she never lyed still or anything so she was called "Sqwermy worm", now it's moofy (not sure why), cracky dacks, angel, darl, pants- my Dad calls her Possum and my Mum calls her her gorgeous girl.

William is bubby boy, my little man, grumy pants.-Mum calls him cutie and Dad calls him little mate.

Default reply

Oh and Nyah calls him either Mister, or Little Buddy!! cute huh

Jen Schuster Guest

Thats gorgeous Nadia.

I bet Nyah adores him!!!!

Love Jen

Awww Nadia that is so cute.

We usually call Nicholas bub/bubby (but he is getting a bit old for that now) and I sometimes call him chook/chooka/chookie.

*Rachel* Guest

Keenan gets,

Bugga (short for bugga-lugs) Bumby ('caz of his big cloth nappy bum - short for bumble bee bum LOL) Bubs, Naughty (for the obvious reasons) - we also call him 'Pantsless Pete, the Pants off Pirate' - don't ask.....it has a tune that goes with it - kind of like a sea shanty PMPL How sad am I???

and we believe the cats have named him ' the noisy one with no fur....' LOL

Hannah gets "Hannah the Spanner" "Tool" (came from spanner) "Stinky" "Bubby girl" "Hannah Banana" (pronounced the same) "The sprog" "Sorbolina" "grease monkey" (I lather her in sorbolene every day) "Princess" and "grumpy kid"

DH used to call her "maggot" 'cos that's what she looked like as a newborn all wrapped up in her cream bunny rug. Thank goodness he doesn't still call her that!

when we named Jordan I didn't like the nname Jorday and when MIL called her it both DH and I told her not to. Her friends call her it, but I call her Jords, or Jordan Crier (middle name is Kyra), mean aren't we?

We planned to call Joshua, Josh, but as a little bub and even now I call him Joshie, as does Jemma.

Jemma got Nemma and Nemmy and she loves Nemmy. lately I have called her Darl (they all get that really) and baby and sweetie and she keeps telling me she's Jemma.

Jessica I started clling Possum, but Arron called her Buddha (ironic cos she's the smallest of all the kids by far) and now she gets Budhsy! Which she loves, much to my disappointment, cos i am sure she will hate it later LOL

My Dad used to call me Gorbo, cos Michelle= Mikel Gorbochev (Gorbo). I wouldn't let anyone else call me that but he gave up once I ws a teenager thank goodness.

I had a cousin who got called George, she was a real tomboy, but again she only allowed her Dad to call her it and then ended it once a teenager.

Cheers Mcihelle

LOL, I forgot the 2 main names hat we call the little ones.

Noah gets Scallywag - just because he is.

Tehya I call Tehya Maya, which seems to hae rubbed off onto the household

Oh yeah and when Joel was a bubba my dear Old Pop (that's what the kids called him) use to get buggalugs or Joe

Take care
    Trish

Colleen Guest

Lol juliette @ Maggot!!!

I love cute little nicknames Shannon but am not a fan of shortening the name they were given either.

My sister has a daughter gabrielle and if anyone calls her gabby .. omg watch out! lol

I know jaykob will get Jake but I did spell it Jay Kob so that hopefully if anything he wil get just 'Jay'

Colleen

I forgot too that we call Jemma, Jem and Jessica also gets Jess and Jessi.

LOL Trish at how you don't like nicknames. I think the point is they are pet names.

Cheers Michelle

Thought of a few more Zander gets - cranky bum/pant/puss (whichever I feel like at the time!), baby face, Mr Squirmy....

I have a friend (Carolyn) who gets called Bob all the time!! When she came to our school someone called her Carol & she said "I dont care if you call me Bob or anything else just don't call me Carol" - it stuck!!!

DH has a new one for Hannah. "Puke-a-hontas" (like pokahontas). Poor kid. As if reflux isn't hard enough to deal with on it's own!

ok.... Matilda gets

Moo, Grumpy poo, Tilda Wilda....we often call her crazy too. 8-[

My neighbours call her Miss Tilly, but its only them who do that, all her toddler friends call her Tilda.

Eliza gets a few.. LIZA lol shortened that by an E
    She was "bubble" when she was in my tum so now she gets BUB alot
    Missy Moo for when she is being a little cow...lol
    Bec

Can't remember what I called Emma & Jack when they were babies.

Emma now gets Em, Dinner plate eyes, BBG (big beautiful girl) and princess. When she was little I used to call her Emmy-Lou (so much so that her Dad asked one day if her middle name had changed to Louise!!! and he is still an idiot!)

Jack gets called Jackie, Corkhead or buggalugs! I do remember I called him Boo when he was little!

Asha used to be called bubbles because she used to blow heaps of them (Jack still calls her bubbles!), Mugglebutt, LBG (little beautiful girl), Ash, Ashie, Ashie-Lou (just sounds good!) and cheeky!

Cheers

Remembered too that my brother, SIL and Niece call Jemma Mimma. And my bro is calling Jessica her initials- JBJ.
    Cheers Mcihelle

We have a similar one Shannon - my dad calls Zander Zed :roll:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast