Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please!!just ONE more hour...Yawn!!

I was woken at 5:20 this moring. I might ask our agent as we are renting if we can get some curtains to put up not sure if they will want curtain poles put up but we can at least ask. I'm not a great fan of blinds as i prefer the nice blockout curtains.

Chloe has been getting up at 530-6am for the past 2 weeks also as opposed to her usual 7-730am wake up

Michelle I have a black sheet tossed over the window in Matilda's room. And I take it off if visitors come over

I'll have to see if i can do that Christy thanks for the idea
    I'm just pleased that the last two nights she has slept in her own bed without getting up once so the early wake up isn't to bad

Fire Fly Guest

Yep, 5.30 this morning. ITS SATURDAY JAY!!!!time for sleeps.
    I actually went outside with him this morning to try and let the other two sleep but DH soon came out after me and 2 minutes later DD woke up so that didnt help.
    Jillian, 5 am and fighting. Gee that would be the pits. Id hate to start the day like that, you can keep that sorry. Lol.

When does daylight savings start in NSW anyway, anyone know?

Yep its happening here also!!!! Liam usually 7-7.30am now anywhere from 5.30am. Brad is the same but has been an absolute shocker at night after being at preschool due to the early start.
    According to my diary daylight saving starts in NSW,ACT,SA and VIC on Sunday October 29 - clocks go forward 1 hour at 2am.

Fire Fly Guest

Thanks Kas, ill mark it on the calender. Im sure ill be up at 2am to change them over to. Lol.

Can i join the early bird group????

Hendy used to sleep in till 8am - bliss!! Now its anywhere from 5:30-6:30 and i hate early mornings, particularly now in early pregnancy! I went to his room this morning at 6:30 (oohhh lucky us a sleep in!!) with a grumpy face but as soon as i opened the door he said "Boo" couldnt help but smile at the cheeky monkey. Cant wait for daylight savings!

Fire Fly Guest

I think ive sussed the prob. As we were up at 5am over the weekend i thought this is ridiculous (s). I refuse to get up at 5 every morning.
    Anyway, last night i moved his polar fleece blanket that i have over his cot. I put it there to block out the fluro light during the day so he isnt blinded by that so now at night i move it to the other side so when he wakes up for morning feed he doesnt see the top of the roller door. I noticed he tries to see if the sun is coming out by looking up there so ive blocked his veiw.
    Yay, he went back to sleep till 7am. Cool. Thats better. Happy now.

Aidyn used to sleep in till 8 or 9am for such a long time (at least 6 months I swear), but this year has been so different. We had a long stretch of him being up before 5.30am every morning (I swear it nearly killed me!) and now he wake at between 6 and 6.30, which I am sort of used to, but it makes me so much tireder during the day. Uni days are the worst though cause I have to get up at 5am, and always end up having to wake him...

Oh my, Tehya is getting worse at this whole sleep thing, not only is she getting up earlier she is waking up more during the night.

We were up by 5.15 this morning. Something has got to give and lately it's my temper coz I'm so damn tired.

I just said to Mark tonight that maybe we should put something over our blinds as it is very light in there in the morning. No point in doing it in Tehya's room, she is always in our bed by morning anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12