Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The questions we get most often from other people about our babies...

Tigergirl1980 Guest

We get:

How old is he?
    What's his name?

And we get lovely comments about his hair and eyes too

angelfish Guest

Hey never, I have to put my hand up to being guilty re the "hands full" comment. I will try to remember not to say that in future, I really just mean something like "wow I really admire you to be so together and organised even though you have twice as many kids as me, and I'm usually struggling". So you see it is actually meant to be a compliment, at least when I say it.

Trish, I knew you would've anwered this one!!

"Oh, my god, look how red his hair is, where does he get that from!"

I swear we cannot leave the house without hearing that question!!

Min, seems if you have a redhead and aren't one it's a standard question. I also get asked if Dad (DF) has redhair?? Nope blonde like me.

Oh and another, do they have the redhead temper..... Yup they sure do!!! But what if they were blonde and had a bad temper?? Is that less excusable.

tiggy Guest

Oh, Jillian, Have to agree on that last one! If I hear one more story about granny's sister's aun't in law's daughter's husband's best friend who had twins and how they were only 500g each, MUCH smaller than YOUR babies but breathing on their own from the word go... GRRRRR, I know everyone has a story to tell. I smile and nod, smile and nod and try not to say anything else that will lay the path for another tale of brilliant twins who are stronger, better looking, smarter than mine.

Oh how rude some people are, although I can totally believe these stories. I always get now (from perfect strangers) - Wow that must be a mistake? (Referring to my almost due belly after seeing my skinny minny of a 1 year old). Next person to ask I am just going to ask how their sex life is!

I'm in exactly the same boat Kate, both very planned but who cares anyway if they weren't!

When my DS was little I used to get, Oh she's a cute baby girl, is She a good baby?
    He was dressed in blue, green and little boy outfits but somehow people still thought he was a girl.

LOL I got the same thing the other day & Zander is very very obviously a little boy!

Sarah, how can anyone say that Zander is a girl. He LOOKS like a boy!! Maybe it's the whole no hair thing?? Or maybe they just have no bloody idea!!

I remember when Tehya was little someone called her a boy, the fact that her whole capsule was pink and she was in pink, with a pink blanket and had earrings just didn't seem to matter!!! Poor Tehya will be sick of pink when she's older

tiggy Guest

LOL, Trish.
    I had that with my two GIRL twins.
    EVERYTHING was pink and I still got, Oh, a boy and a girl or Wow! Two boys!!! HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!! Are you colourblind?

LOL I STILL get it with Matilda...but I don't dress her in pink, I would have thought the pig tails or long locks would get people to think before asking LOL.... but no, I get asked what his name is.

LOL Christy I just checked out her website and she is just gorgeous!! You must be so proud!!! I can't imagine how any one could ask what HIS name was. She's a little girl through and through!!

It's good to know I'm not the only one with that problem, Iguess it is hard sometimes to tell what sex a baby is, but you'd think ifyou dress your little boy in blue or a little boys outfit it would be obviouse that it's a boy, same with dressing a girl in pink. I guess you get that but.

I had the same hair as Jenna (curls) and I used to get called a boy until I was at least 4-5 I even remember it
    So I vow to always make sure Jenna looks girly with her hair. Whether it be a clip or a tie, I do my best when we go out. Or else I dress her in pink.

angelfish Guest

I can't believe that people actually ask whether a pregnancy was planned, that is so rude! I have only asked this once in my life and that was after I had known the person closely for over 10 years (and even then I said something like "please just say if this is none of my business"). I can't imagine saying this to a casual acquaintance or a complete stranger.

I got this when I had Maddy from a friends older brother..

"OMG, What's his name?"
    'her name is Maddison.'
    "It's got a head like a freaking rock, a F*ing Rock, what a huge head, why did ya call him Maddison?"
    'She is a girl & her name is Maddison'
    "That must have killed ya hey? That F*ing head is huge, like a freaking rock I reckon, still dont like his name either, not very cute at all... Seeya!"
    'Ok, bye!'

I just stood there looking at Maddy thinking she was absolutely the most beautiful baby ever & he must have been on drugs! Ofcourse I was hurt, but I figured he had no idea, so I kept shopping!!!!

I see him now & he always tells me I am in for a fun time once they are teenagers, with such attractive daughters!!!

LOL was a weirdo Tracey!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast