Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really bad nappy rash

That is an idea Ambah. Although we can't block off our hall way or kitchen. It is hard enough trying to keep her out of the kitchen normally lol. Might have to buy a playpen or something. But they're like $100. Is there anywhere cheaper i could get one besided eBay?

Melinda Guest

You might be able to find one in some of the second hand shops etc - I've heard other people finding them that way. Also, do they have a section in your local newspaper for baby items? You might get one cheap in there too?

Maybe a garage sale?

Even if you ask around, someone might lend you one.

I was also going to say to change your wipes, some of them affect Matthew and some of them don't. Great idea to use a flannel too.

Do you have a port-a-cot Tegan? They tend to be water resistant so perhaps you could put her in one in the sunlight (near windows or the door) and let her play in there in the nuddy?

Lachlan had it extremely bad during a gastro period. His whole bottom was red raw. The best thing I found was Johnsons Baby Power with Aloe Vera in it. Within a couple of days it was looking ALOT better

Love

Thankyou for all the suggestions. Went to the doctor and it is Thrush. The cream the chemist game me is working well and it is only half as bad as it was the other day.

With letting her have nappy off time i think i'll just get the play pen. We do have a potacot but its at my mums.

Great to hear things are on the improve for Lily. Don't we know how yuck thrush is!. I noticed on your orignal post that you had tried powder when you thought is was nappy rash. I read just recently that they are saying using powder on baby girls is related to some kind of cancer in later life (I think it may have been cervical cancer as they only mentioned girls not boys). I have opted not to use any powder on Mackenzie, especially after reading this article. Just thought I'd let you know seeing as you mentioned that you had tried it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12