Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really bad nappy rash

Default Really bad nappy rash

Lily has gotten really bad nappy rash. Probably due to the bad heat and humidity here. It doesn't seem to hurt or bother her at all but it looks really terrible. Mostly on her 'girly' bits. I've used Bepanthen, Curash nappy rash cream and the anti-nappy rash baby powder and none of them have made a difference at all. Is there anything that would work really well? And what can I do to stop it from returning? She's never had it this bad before and Bepanthen had always cleared it up within 24hrs. I always the anti-nappy rash powder and a bit of cream after nappy changes, but this time it hasn't stop it for some reason...

If it doesn't clear up maybe take her to the Dr as girls can get a dermatitis from moisture/urine which can cause irritation. Otherwise as much as its a PIA I'd say lots and lots of nappy free time, maybe if you've got a hard floored area just sit with her for a while and let her play with toys in the nuddy on the hard floor so if there's an accident its cleanable

Goodluck!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Yep I would also say to give her as much nappy free time as possible.
    Something which works better for me than anything else is Sudocream...

But if it doesnt go away and keeps looking very angry I would be taking her to the Drs like Cai said.

Matilda had an angry nappy rash in May & I did heaps of nappy off time which helped amazingly

I use PawPaw ointment for Asha's nappy rashes. I love it, it is all natural and does a great job. The other thing as every one else has said is nappy off time but also not wiping every nappy change. Apparently the chemicals they use in the wipes, wipe away the natural oils as well as the wee So if you want to wipe after just a wet nappy they recommend using a wet flannel and patting rather than wiping.

Hope this helps and it clears up soon.

Cheers

I second what Kelly said...paw paw cream is just fantastic for nappy rash and anything really...and lots of nappy off time. I hope it clears up real soon.

Jo

Yep, the nappy free time works really well. For the worst nappy rashes, I used B.O.Z ointment available from chemists. Cleared it up real quick.

Babies can also get a fungal infection which looks like nappy rash. Ned has it at the moment. We're using Daktozin (available from the chemist) on advice from the MCHN and it's really clearing up.

We had tried Bepanthen, Sudocream and pawpaw ointment, none of which made a bugger of a difference.

Best wishes.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Well she doesn't have nappy rash, apparently according to the chemist she has Thrush. I've been given an anti-fungal cream but i'll be going to the GP tomorrow to get a better diagnosis should there be one.

We use Paw Paw Cream as well in a red tube.

Zander had a really bad rash from teething a few weeks ago & we gave him a full day with no nappy - I put a plastic paint drop sheet on the floor then a soft blanket on top & he was set. He looooved it & so did his little bottom!

Oh tegan - thrush sounds rough! Poor mite.

I've started using barrier cream every nappy now since she slips out her poos without us knowing anymore. I use weleda baby cream, and its lovely. It keeps her bum in top nick!

Jenna usually gets at least 30mins of nappy off time eveyrnight - its when she crawls around the lounge floor weeing and chukcing everywhere!!

Delightful.....

The problem with giving nappy off time with Lily is that she can crawl, so i can't keep her in one spot and hates being held for more than 10mins and we dont really want pee on ourselves. So would there be any other suggestions as to how i can give her nappy off time? We don't have carpet but i don't pee all over the house either. She has a pretty big bladder so it goes a long way.

Do you have a play pen to keep it contain in one area maybe?

maybe outside time..? a bare bum on a young'in is fine!

No play pen and no grass outside lol just rocks, don't reckon that'd be very comfy!

Just wanted to tell you that I hope Lily is ok Teagan, and Im thinking of you both. to you both.xx

Thanks Nadia

Tegan, are you maybe able to block off just one room for her to crawl around in? That way the mess doesnt get spread too far (if there is any). You could just lay chairs on their sides, or boxes or something to block off the doorways...
    I hope her rash/thrush clears up really soon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast