Thread: She won't stay in bed!!!!!

Default She won't stay in bed!!!!!

OMG this is doing my head in... today of all days...

DD has done so well in the transition into a big bed, she would lie happily and stay in bed when she was sleepy and just go to sleep, day sleep and at night.

Today however is a different story - I've laid her down, done all the usual sleep association things and she keeps getting out of bed, banging on the door and calling out for Mama.

I am so tired, so pregnant, have a cold and really really want to sleep myself (after I do some work that DH just phoned through ) but I can't because I can hear DD up again.

I've been in there three times and put her back into bed, told her firmly to stay in bed, time for sleeping, and she keeps getting out.

What can I do?? I'm about to cry with frustration...

Default She won't stay in bed!!!!!

Can you take her into bed with you so you can both sleep?

She thinks our bed is for playing... co-sleeping never really worked for us...

I could have tried lying down next to her in her bed, that might have worked... might try that next time...

I just realised it had gone quiet, went down to check and she'd fallen asleep on the floor, behind the door.

I'm such a bad mother...

You are not a bad mummy! I think all kids fall asleep on the floor at one time or another I was going to suggest lying down with her, definitely try it next time. We have to do it with DS1 about half of the time still. And only at the start of the year we had to do it 95% of the time. At least you're getting some rest that way too!

I hope the rest of your day is better, and bubba number 2 decides it's time to come out soon . Looking out for your BA hun

Thanks so much Janie

I didn't mean for her to fall asleep on the floor... at least she went to sleep I guess. She's now tucked up in bed, might go and hit the couch...

darl, maybe shes ready to drop down to one sleep maybe try putting her down around 11am tomorrow

Thanks olive... she's already on one sleep, when she wakes before 6am 10am is about the latest she normally lasts, unless we go out somewhere.

I would often lie down with DD when I was pg with DS - I didn't often have to stay longer than 5mins, and i figured this was less stressfull and tiring than having to fight with her for an hour or whatever. Occasionally, she'll still ask us to lie down with her. Other times, I would just give her her dummy and pooh bear and let her sleep on the couch - that was generally reserved for when we'd been out and she was over-tired and at that really grumpy stage where they won't give in!

I think my eldest spent at least the first 6 months of him being in his big bed sleeping on the floor. Just pulled all the bedding down and camped down there. Whatever - as long as they sleep!

Can she take a book or fave toy in with her and 'lie quietly'?

With our first 2 I was very intent on "THEY MUST GO TO SLEEP ON THEIR OWN" lol...... I have softened a little with #3 lol... I pat him to sleep for his day sleep and lately his night sleep.... I'm such a pushover lol....... I figure.... they are only little for so long. But in saying that 99% of the time he goes to sleep within 10 mins when I pat him. I have had to be really firm though. He knows I will only stay and pat him if he lays still and closes his eyes. Bless him lol