Thread: Silly idea...or not?

Default Silly idea...or not?

Both Chelsea and Jasmine are due for needles (12 month and 2 month)

I was thinking would i be stupid to get them done both the same day?...or perhaps separate days...

Chelsea is now 13 months.. and Jasmine is nearly 10 weeks...so u can see i have been putting it off....but i dont think i can for much longer...as much as id like too

Oooh, that's a tough one! On one hand it is good to get it over and done with, but on the other hand there is a chance they could both be unsettled for you on the same day.

How has Chelsea handled her vaccinations in the past? If she has coped fine then it is probably OK to do both girls at once. Otherwise it might be worth doing them on separate days.

I'm not much help am I?!

Chelsea was fine for her 2 and 4 months...reacted with 6 months (which was one less needle).

Hmmm ill have to keep thinking..lol

hmmmm kim will you have some hands on support if they are both unsettled? If you do I'd go both at once otherwise if you split them you could potentially have a whole crappy week rather than one or two crappy days - IYKWIM.

I am with Nelly on that one... I think if you can do them both at the same time then at least it is over and done with however, if you do them separately it could be a whole week... xxoo

How would chelsea handle watching someone give her baby a needle? if it would traumatise her then I would suggest doing them at different times and having the other bub babysat.

I'm getting DS & DD done at the same time this friday! We're late for the 18mth needle, and due for DD's 2 month needles.

DS has been fine with previous needles, would never know that the had them! So I'm hoping all will be ok with him, and we'll just see how Kayla takes to her needles.

I do plan on DS having his first tho, coz I doubt after seeing DD he'd be very cooperative with his.

I got Kimberley's 4yrs needles done on the same day i had Eleanor's 2 month ones. I thought why go twice might as well have them both grumpy at the same time.

I think it depends on how hard it is to get there. Personally I think for me it would have been easier to go to the doctor once for both boys, then to get there twice, so if they had been due at the same time I would have had them done together. But if you can easily pop out with one at a time atm (if DH is on holidays or something), then maybe space them out a bit. Whatever you do will be fine, I'm sure.

Do them together I say. You may or may not encounter problems, but at least it will be over with.

I would do them both at the same appointment. I have done 2 of my kids on the same day.. Only thing is get the older one done first.. Cus if they see the baby crying after a needle they will freak a bit more.. or at least in my case they did

Thanks ladies. Im getting them both done tmrw..Chelsea first.

Also making DH take them in and ill be waiting in the waiting room!

I hate see my babies in pain and i feel so slack getting it done.

I feel so sick thinking about it all

Yeah id get them both done at the one appointment. I made DH go it to get DD but she ripped out the needle so they needed me in there to help hold her down