Thread: sleeping bags to blankets

maggie Guest

Default sleeping bags to blankets

DD (has been in a sleeping abg since birth.. and sleeps well.. he is getting to big for the ones which he had, so i am thinking of weaning him to bed sheets. instead of buying 2 new ones for the nxt size up.

I am worried that he may get tangled in his bed sheets, as he is a real wiggler. how has everyone else gone, and how did their toddlers sleep once they went from bags to cot sheets/blankets.. weather quite warm in QLD

Last edited by maggie; November 12th, 2007 at 05:37 AM.

My DS was a grobag boy, and I have all range of sizes which I used whilst he was in a cot. Now he's in a bed (since 21mths) and i thought he would be fine under a doona. But he still wriggles everywhere and doesn't stay covered up.

I now have him sleeping in Snugtime branded 'blanket sleepers' as they're called which are a polarfleece, lined all in one suit which in winter I can put his thinner pjs under. He rolls sideways across the bed and everywhere, but he's still warm. I don't even bother to pull the doona up, it's just there for cosmetics when he gets up in the morning and I make his bed!

I hope you have more success with your son!

maggie Guest

wardygirl, i looked a tthem today in baby bunting, as i thought this was an option, but they only come in polar fleece - is that right, they would be to hot for summer.. but i was keen on them

I agree Maggie, they will be too warm in the summer however when it's that warm - or at least in our house cause we don't have central a/c, DS sleeps in normal pjs - either shortie pjs, a singlet and nappy or long sleeved/legged ones, depending on exactly how hot/cool it's going to be.

Last night here in Melbourne DH put him just in a pair of flannelette long sleeve/leg pjs and he was fine. He did wake about 5am. Not sure if he got cold or just work (he does that when he's overtired and was late to bed last night which will always have him waking overnight). I just give him his toys, and I did pull his doona up, but I'm up already this morning(obviously) and DS is still asleep and he's kicked off the doona and is still happily sleeping.

Other than that, the polar fleece ones have been an absolute blessing in our house. I know in wintertime, places like Target used to sell tracksuit type fabric (not polar fleece though) all in ones like the blanket sleepers. Maybe these would be better for the warmer months - but obviously harder to get at this time of year.

That's about the same age I changed DD from her grobag to blanket. In her grobag she would wriggle all over the bed and end up sleeping in the weirdest positions.
    I waited until summer so it would matter if she came out of her blankets and just let her get used to them. To start with she would wriggle around, but by the end of summer she started to get the hang of it and started to sleep in the one spot.
    She never really got tangled in her sheets, they would just end up down the bottom of the cot all scrunched up.
    HTH