Thread: Sleeping face down

Default Sleeping face down

I found DD 8mths last night sleeping with her bum in the air and face down on the mattress, she was asleep and all seemed well I was just concerned so tried to turn her head to the side, which of course then woke her up which then I had to feed her to get her back to sleep because she was screaming.

She is very mobile, rolls both ways and crawling so should I be worried - she has done it a few times lately or just let her sleep that way if she finds it comffy? I have a breathing monitor on so if she did stop breathing I would know but I don't want it to get to that.

They look so cute like that but give you a heart attack don't they! Izzy has been tummy sleeping since she was rolling and quite often has her face smooshed into the sheets. She often wakes up with marks o n her face from the sheets! If she is crawling rolling etc well I wouldn't be worried as her neck and head is strong enough to move if she needs to!
    Good luck!

Yeh, DD here, often wakes up with impressive marks across her face! She went through a stage of always sleeping with her face flat into the mattrice, but doesn't do it as often now.

I wouldn't be worried either!!

Sorry to briefly hijack but just read your little note Lee - how exciting!! Not crazy at all!

Same here. Since DS has been able to roll he sleeps on either his side or tummy. Unless I strap strap him down on his back can't stop it. At least with his face planted in the sheet it keeps his dummy in.

I wouldn't be worried.

Tan- hehe Gotta make life interesting for ourselves don't we!!

(Sorry Bridee too for the interuption!)

Enchanted Guest

Aww so cute! Oscar sleeps like that most of the time so I just make sure that everything is tucked in and nothing else is in the cot that shouldn't be.