Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Son wont eat much for lunch

Missy - DA is being shocking about lunch & dinner for the past week

Won't really eat much except youghurt. He has a tooth coming through so i hope thats its...

Maybe Callum will eat more now that monkey isn't having lunch with him?

Hey ya Yael. Yes he is alot better but he is better out of the hair chair. Just abit messy...congrats on pg. I said it in our room but not sure if you have seen it yet.

My DS is not big on Sandwiches either....He will only have bread with Jam on it...No butter!
    If you lil man is having a good breakfast and dinner, I would nt be too worried. Esp if he is having yog etc. Maybe offer him something different for lunch, like fruit. And offer him healthy snacks in between like grated apple and cheese, or some diced peaches in natural juice. Perhaps you could even try soft sliced meats like roast turkey/chicken cut up small with some frozen cubed veggies ; Carrot, peas, corn mix?

I have noticed tho, that it has taken DS quite a few tries to eat things like rissoles etc. I just offered it to him on a regular basis, and one day he just ate it. Its a natural instinct for children to refuse some foods, until they are sure its not going to poison them believe it or not!!

Also some kids dont like their food warmed up!

Anyway, I hope i have been some help to you. Good luck with it!

Hey Ally,

Ds wont have sandwiches, no matter what is on it
    Will have yoghurt and fruit (some). Has some cheese, a bit of cold meats, and loves peas

The frustrating this is he used to be fantastic with all foods, and would basically eat anything... its only been a week so i keep hoping its just a tooth (i can see its just broken through)... He likes some things warm, and others cold (like his bottle of milk)

He also gets funny and shakes his head whenever you offer him anything (unless he is starving), and you basically have to force it inot his mouth, and then he licks his lips and realises he likes it... its very frustrating!

Although somehow he has a sixth sense for sweetish buscuits, and just *knows* they are good

I know how frustrating it can be LOL! DS has a habit of throwing food on the floor when he doesnt want it and not wanting to sit at the table for his breakfast ... I find, that you get them into a good routine/habit etc, and its all fine for a few weeks, then they change their ways of doing things. Its like a v circle, where you are constantly trying to work out a new way to please them for a few more weeks IYKWIM. I am finding this with most things at the moment LOL!
    All the best with the feeding...It sounds like your son is getting enough goodness in his diet to me Dont worry too much!
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12