Thread: Startling

Question Startling

I find that my DD startles very easily. DH says she gets it from me, as i startle easily to. The other day she was playing on her mat when my MIL appeared, saying hello to her. DD screamed (i mean i dont blame her in a way hehe..) Also when she is in the baby bjorn facing the world, and the trucks wizz by i feel her feet go back. When i move the toy bar on her rocker it makes a loud clicking sound, she will startle too.. is this normal?

I was reading somewhere that there are 2 extremes of people - those who take risk and those who don't. With everything in between. The extreme risk takers are those who would travel the seas and discover new continents. The moderate risk takers colonise new countries, and the ones who don't take that many risks live within their community (and the extreme non-risk-takers don't leave the house).

OK, I've gone totally off topic! But Pip initially would startle and now doesn't as much -he wants to explore.

Somewhere on here Barb recommended not putting a baby facing outwards in the Bjorn as they can't snuggle for comfort - that makes total sense to me.

Zander at almost three still startles by loud noises. He hates the blender, the hair dryer etc etc and sometimes gets frightened by trucks or loud cars.

Here's hoping that Nattie will be a moderate risk taker. I would lean towards the extreme non..but i do leave the house!! I really need to try and relax about things like bugs in the house or big dogs when we go for a walk as i dont want her to see this and later imitate my behaviour hmmmmmm. Thanks for ur help ladies
    Last edited by Mez80; November 29th, 2007 at 10:57 AM. Reason: mssing a word