Thread: Tantrums whilst nappy changing

Angry Tantrums whilst nappy changing

Hi everyone, just after some advice. My son (nearly 11 months old) has been throwing major tantrums when trying to change his nappy. Has been going on for about a month now (and its been A LONG MONTH). Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions about how to stop this "phase" he is going through, or alternatively, how long it will last for!!!! Its driving us nuts here, and we try everything, especially giving him lots of different toys one after the other to distract him, or give him a drink from his bottle ... runnin out of ideas. any help would be appreciated.!!!!

thanks!
    Mel

Mel, this is really common. It will pass but you could be dealing with this for a few months - sorry! But we have all been there (I'm still there)! I just keep trying different things, sometimes a sticker on his hand will work (if he doesn't eat it ), sometimes a toy, sometimes I sing, sometimes I give him his toothbrush to play with (that's a good one if it works cos then you can clean his teeth while he's lying there). Just keep trying different distractions. And if all else fails, just change it as quickly as you can!!

Great!!!!! few months aye... lovely!!!!!!! We do try singing and other things that you mentioned, and do try to do it quickly, but not only does he scream and carry on, but also twists like hell to get away from us, which leads us to grab his legs to keep him still, which he obviously hates!!!! Oh well.. I just keep reminding myself in about two years time he'll be out of nappies!!!! ;-)

We're also going through it. DD starts to carry n as soon as she sees the change table! We try various things which don't always work. At the moment, blowing raspberries on her belly works. Or singing "If you're Happy and you know it" because she claps her hands and thinks she is so clever. Otherwise, I act silly and try to make her smile. It is sooooooooooooo draining!

Thank god I'm not alone!!!!!

My lovely son also does this! He seems to hate it whenever he lies on his back at the moment. Nothing is working here either, so I just try to get it over and done with as quickly as possible. I am sure it will pass!

Hopefully it will pass.. Laila has just started to re do this after not doing it for a good 2 months *SIGH*