Thread: Tell me it doesn't lose its magic

Default Tell me it doesn't lose its magic

I was just sitting here at the PC when Flynn started playing with an orange and my work keypass which he just got out of my handbag - he is so intensely fascinated by both that I just had to stop and watch him.

And I thought - I wonder if I will watch this new baby with the same fascination? When Flynn is the oldest of our three (fingers crossed!) children and is learning to draw or use scissors, will I watch him with the same fascination even though I have two others to care for?

Please tell me these moments don't lose their magic when you have more than one child.......

rolymogs Guest

Last edited by rolymogs; March 20th, 2008 at 10:25 AM.

I agree they NEVER lose their magic I am in awe of my kids every day And every day paris walks down the school gate on her own. This morning she ran into the bakery to buy herself a cheese & bacon bun whilst I sat in the car (I was so proud) and with Seth its the same. You'd think having been through it all before that the milestones don't seem as important but I assure you they do!

it never does!! it is different sure but the magic of watching your child do something for the first time is amazing. I remember the day Jacob ( 3rd) rolled and crawled. you would think he was the first child in the world to do it.

Even now he will do something and we are amazed, We watch the kids play and some days we don't know where to look...

enjoy every moment as it passes so quickly.. the biggest ti[ I can offer is video it.. you will love to look back when they get older and watch it. I sit with Ethan from time to time and we watch vid footage of him and we really enjoy that

rolymogs Guest

Last edited by rolymogs; March 20th, 2008 at 10:25 AM.

No it doesn't lose it's magic and like rolymogs says a whole new magic is born when your babies interact.

yep, I am still in awe & watch quietly , as Maddy does somethings, like learn a new dance with her school friends, even when they caht on MSN & I need the computer I still stare from a distance amazed at how quickly my big girl has become an almost 9yr old, I also remember things about her as I watch her, but then I watch her & Indah interact & it gives me immense satisfaction that the 2 of them are so close, yet such a gap between ages!
    The 2 of them hide & come out in dress ups & put on a show for us & we ofcourse clap & cheer!!!

I watch Indah & see how quickly she's grown up & her telling me to leave the room as I am smothering her in kisses, coz it's bed time now Mummy! Or the way she sings at the top of her lungs in the back yard with the dog as she's letting the dog eat all of her lunch & she has again hidden her socks!

Zyon as he attempts to roll, or the amazement & concentration on his afce as he stares at his own hands moving!!!

Nope it never ends!!!

I still watch my 14 yr old and become engrossed at times... they never stop amazing you. sometimes it's cos they're naughty though...lol.

It doesn't matter how many children you have, every milestone is just as magical as the first because it's a milestone for that child - they will all learn to do the same things, but it's a new accomplishment that they have learnt - even if their older siblings have already done it you never tire of watching them do something for the first time or the 100th time. And because each child is unique, each thing they do will be unique too.

Magic happens each time a New Soul enters the world!

Magic never runs out, especially for a mother watching her babes. Each child is a individual, therefore, theres a magic moment for every child!

Even having six children, each one makes my heart sing and magic real with everything they do!

Oh wow, I'm crying reading this thread! What beautiful words about your little (or not so little ) ones. Another reason for me to be anxious to have another baby

Ollie smiled at me the other week.

It doesn't lose its magic at all

I think it gets worse with each child LOL.....im guilty of some days not doing much housework, not cooking, not really doing much except watching my 3 girls 'do their stuff'......a perfect occupation if you ask me

what a gorgeous post to read it makes me v excited for when it is time to have more babies... and i treasure every moment with Noah now...
    MBear I am especially happy to hear how happy you are - I miss you!
    xxx