Thread: terrible twos? I don't think so - try 3!

Cool terrible twos? I don't think so - try 3!

My DD turned 3 over a month ago and i feel like she has turned into someone else horror child. The defiance has hit an all time high and the negotiating and bribing is SHOCKING. Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas? The other thing is that a friend is having an even worse time than me at this and has already done a positive parenting course and that's only helped a little - if anyone can recommend a course (Melb) or book on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Terrible 2s??? They were nothing!

Oh no, don't tell me that.. I was hoping the day that my 2 year old turned 3 he would be out of the terrible two's and into the terrific 3's... LOL. Sorry, I have nothing, just thought I would throw that in. Good luck.

lol yeah we had similar hopes. I was thinking at one stage that it may be cos I am pregnant and she's picked up on it etc but talking to all my mums group friends etc it seems to be the norm!!! Good luck to you too :-) May be it's mainly girls though....

Oh i have a terrible 1 at the moment! He chucks tanties if he doesnt get what he wants, will lay down on the floor, stamp his feet etc. Little monkey! Im just hoping he gets it out of his system now before bubs #2 comes along!!
    No ideas sorry.. just, dont give in. Dont let them get their way. You have to be consistant, if you say no then the answers no. Otherwise theyll soon learn how to get what they want

I hear ya, its a whole new thing. Matilda does negotiations and loves to have defiant days....

LOL my mum always told me the threes were worse than the twos!

My friend's DD is 3 (8 mths older than Jack) and she always says that 3 is worse than 2. I do think it might be more of a girl thing though - or is that just wishful thinking?

OMG!! I am hearing you!!! I thought that we escaped the terrible twos and I have the perfect child........... and now I have been thinking where oh where has my angel gone?!?!?! It all began approx a month before her third birthday and it has been a roller coaster ever since!!! From having no issues really to now bath, bed and meal times becoming a boundary pushing experience..............yoi yoi yoi!!!!

Oh so fun - good thing she's just so amazingly adorably cute!! LOL!!

My 3.5 yo is beginning to develop a real 'attitude'... the defiance is amazing! Everything from getting dressed, to going to kindy, eating dinner, showering, going to bed... he will just rebel against, for the pure sake of it, it seems!
    The 2's were much easier in some ways - especially behaviour-wise I am finding.
    However the 2's were harder because of the bigger communication barrier...