Thread: Too big for change table - what now?

Cath78 Guest

Question Too big for change table - what now?

My DD was 2 in February. I have still been using the change table to save my back! She is a bit too long for it now and the material / plastic has been under strain and now breaking in parts. I think she is too old to justify buying another table - what do you change your darlings on when you get rid of the change table??? (and keep away the back pain! )

Cath

morgan78 Guest

We change our boy on the floor lying on an old baby blanket - just in case - & i just sit down in front of him. HTH

Floor, bed, lounge... Whatever was available!

My DD is 19mths and we use a change mat on the floor.

we've been using the floor for about 6 months now!!

At that age I just used a change mat on the bed, floor, chair wherever was close really.

Cath78 Guest

thanks for your replies! but how do you find your back and knees are with the floor?

chloe has muscular dystrophy so she cannot sit up her self or stand up herself. this is why I am harping on about my back

What about a towel or something soft underneath a change mat on a table or desk.. sounds weird I know but it might save your back! I also use the floor and bed if not using change table.

I use a towel on the floor.
    I have a bad back too and I just have to put up with it unfortunatley. I actually prefer getting down on the floor to lifting up a heavy toddler all the time.

DoubleK Guest

we're the same as Sarah.. floor, bed, couch...

krystal was too long for her change table bath at about 3 months old.. so when we moved when she was 6 months we sold the table then!

DD also outgrew her change table a looooooong time ago. I use the floor in the morning but during other times, I try and use the bed which I can sit on and it isn't too "heavy" to pick her up again. I don't use the couch because we have 2.5 seaters which just don't work for us when changing her nappy...

HTH

MG

DoubleK Guest

i just had a thought, what about getting one of those foam change table mats (or.. you could just get a piece of foam, or something similar) and put it on the dining table? or bench.. whichever is the best height..

you could just stand it up against the wall or something when not in use, and just throw it up onto the table when needed