Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How not to end up the night dancing on the table???

Talking How not to end up the night dancing on the table???

On saturday DH and I are going to a wedding at a really posh gentlemans club in Brisbane (Tattersalls?). It starts at 3 and will go on, i assume, till around midnight. Now, I wouldn't exacly say I have a problem with alcohol...it's just I tend not to realise when i'm at the point when I should stop I know we will be having the odd champers from when we start getting ready at friends house till the reception where our table will probably drink quite a bit. My DH and the DH of my friend who we're going with are quite big so can handle their drink. I however am not and i'm really worried that i'm going to drink too much and make a fool out of myself!

What I would like is REALISTIC advice on how to enjoy the long day and still be able to drink. I know you don't have to drink to have fun but it's still fun to drink!!! MIL is coming down to stay and we'll be staying the night with friends so the kids won't be a factor.

I really, really, really don't want to end up on stage with the band singing Spice Girls songs (yes, this has happened before) or throwing up in the loo (yes, has also happened!).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Teee heee heee :P
    No sorry... no advice.... just a giggle :P

I guess.... really... its just up to you on the day.... start drinking a bit later on cause if you have a few champers early on and take it slow you will end up all tired and lathargic,... where as if you start later you can enjoy a shorter stint.... however! this could get you drunker!! ,.... so sorry .... definatley no advice but to say no 1 out of every 3 drinks offered or thought of

Good luck and you will HAVE to tell us if you end up on the table tops or singing spice girls!! he he he

xoxo

I would alternate one alcoholic drink with a water or soft drink so that half your drinks aren't alcohol (you'll thank me in the morning LOL)

Hee hee, usually DH tells me when to stop but then I get really cranky and tell him to shove off and usually end up drinking more lol! I'll definatly drink a soft drink as well - I like drinking and talking so if I can fool my brain into thinking my lemonade has vodka in it then I should be ok

Thanks for the suggestions...keep 'em coming!

You could always alternate a lemon lime & bitters... Bit more fancy, and still the slightest bit alcoholic
    Good Luck, i hope you have a fantastic night!

I can drink anyone under the table.....but only because I have a soda water every 2-3 drinks.! SSShhhhhhh.

It will work everytime - don't forget to have a big drink of water before you go to bed. I haven't had a hangover for years...

Have fun!

BTW, if you were ever at a party I held I would be deadset offended if you didn't dance on the tables!

OK, this is the ONLY thing that has ever worked for me. Wait until everyone else is well and truly tipsy before you start drinking. I just can't do the alternate with soft drinks because I never think I'm drunk enough to do that even though it's pretty obvious to Blind Freddy that I have my seriously wobbly boots on.

Wear really, really heavy shoes :P
    Pretend your pg and don't drink,
    Tell DH to throw you in the boot of the car and drive you home as soon as he needs to tell you that you are tipsy.
    Seriously,
    Drinking water/soda inbetween drinks will be your best bet. (and listening to your hubby ) Also if you try not to drink BEFORE having something to eat.
    Good luck!!

He,he PMSL......what's wrong with the Spicegirls,ha!

Ok, seriously...Im with Fiona - I can't substitue for soft drink as I see everyone else getting tipsy & having a good time & think I wont be able to catch up....so I drink quicker,he,he...that obviously has the opposite affect.

At weddings as the Champers is where I lose it, I mix it with OJ for the start, perhaps you could try that for a couple. Ensure you have a decent meal, many these days are ****tail & that seems to end in starving but very drunk guests. Have a break between. And when all else fails, do as I do & make a sly exit to the left, head home & pass out!!!

Right, I think i've got it...how does this sound;

Drink soft drink every other drink - drink champers with oj - eat lots of food - drink water before bed - drink lemon lime and bitters - wear really heavy shoes - ignore all this information if at a party at Lulu2's and dance on the table!!!

Got it!

Lets just hope I don't end up as a video clip on Utube: "Tell me what you want, what you really, really want" PMSL!!!!

I agree with the others, try having a soft drink every alternate drink.

just remember not to use coke so much as your substitute soft drink or it will continue to dehyrdrate you so wont have the affect you need when you have the next alcoholic drink. id try and slip a few waters in there myself to help the reyhdration eg drink water with food - use the excuse my husband does (he doesn't drink alcohol while eating).

Chew minty chewing gum for the times that you don't want to drink but feel obliged to... there is nothing worse than the taste of mint with any alcoholic drink (except if ti has mint in it)

Definitely drink water or lemonade etc in between drinks... start off with a non alcoholic drink when you first arrive... it almost sets your mood for a slower drinking session I've found.

I am always the last one standing when I drink like this... when I go out with my friends in Sydney, all these rules don't apply, and I am the one dancing on the tables and singing badly... though in my mind I am a singing goddess!!! lol

I hope you and your DH have a fabulous night.

I was reading a mag the other day and it said to have a "breakfast" before you go out drinking, cause the bacon and eggs take longer to digest so it doesn't leave you with an empty tum.

Tattersalls is lovely, I've been there for weddings before. You should also be able to flirt with a waiter and ask him to bring you a glass of water every couple of drinks

LOL rachel - I think I know you - no wait - I think I am you!

I thought dancing on tables was obligitory at weddings - well that is what my friends always tell me as I am kicking off my shoes and hitching up my dress and telling people "what I want what I really really want!"

The Champers is what kills me too - although there was that time when port was served after dinner and a friend and I found a table that had 8 full glasses and decided that we had better drink them really quickly before anyone came back to the table (for the record I have never been so sick in my whole entire life and port isn't that good going down - it is far far worse coming back up)

So the tricks are do what everyone else says - and steer well clear or any port that may be on offer. And most importantly - in the morning try to remember that you probably aren't the first to dance on those tables and you most likely won't be the last

Milk thistle tablets are also said to help.

And lulu2 I so challenge you to that...

Sounds like it will be fun!

Oh, Oh, Oh
    Just remembered something I heard once - don't know if it is true, but you might want to stay clear of the champage or anything else with bubbles (I know BUMMER) I heard that drinking fizzy drinks get your more tipsy than drinking non-fizzy drinks.
    Other than that - I think you have a fool-proof plan

For heavens sake don't touch tequila!

Not even one just for fun! Or that will be the end of your night as far as what you will remember, what others remember will be a different story.

I agree on the water sipping and even have a cup of tea if they are serving it.

Cai and Lulu that sounds like a challenge to me...should make for an interesting Christmas dinner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast