Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: urgent help needed

  1. #1

    Question urgent help needed

    Hello every one. I'm a new mum having a 2 weeks old baby boy. I want him to be circumcised soon, cuz I was told that it would be healed sooner and it is less painful. I live in sydney and looking for a pediatrician to do this (plastibel). If anyone knows a professional Dr. please let me know. Any info is highly appreciated. BTW I've heard of Dr. Peter Bell and Dr. Anthony Dilley. Does anyone know anything about them? what's your idea about these two? thanx in advance

    Last edited by Parisa; May 20th, 2008 at 09:25 PM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2005


    i dont know of those two surgeons, so I cant help you on that one.
    Hopefully someone from Syd. will be able to help you out though or point to at a Dr who can help you
    There are conflicting arguments regarding the issue of how painful it is though. Many drs prefer to do it at/after 6 months with a general anaesthetic, unless its for religious reasons where there is a specific time frame.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2006


    Rayray, I think the OP might be talking about the plastibell method which is generally considered far less traumatic, and is best done in the first few weeks. I am not in sydney, but try googling it - you should be able to find some info that way. Best of luck.

Similar Threads

  1. Swimming
    By Rouge in forum Baby & Toddler General Discussion
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: November 30th, 2007, 06:18 PM
  2. Miscarriage & Loss - Your Stories and Loss Support
    By BellyBelly in forum Your Stories of Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 9th, 2007, 09:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts