Thread: Waking - Suggestions

Default Waking - Suggestions

Hi girls,

I've had it pretty good since Day 1 with Aidan, so I've gotten used to getting a good nights sleep etc. From about 3 months he has fed 4 times a day with his first at 7am and last at 7pm. The past week he has been waking around 4/5/6am and I try for a few minutes to settle him but then b/f him, which he seems to drink a reasonable amount of. I put him back down and he takes awhile to get back to sleep, like he is ready to get up for the day. He isnt crying, just 'gurgling' and talking. I would like his day to start not before 7am so am wondering of ways I can get his old routine back! It could be a number of things but was wondering first if anyone had gone through something similar and what worked for them! I was thinking hunger, wet, cold, teething, umm, I guess there are mant reasons...

Jess

p.s. I was thinking of starting solids for dinner, but the MCHN said to wait as Aidan is a big boy and we dont want him getting fat!

Custardtart Guest

My guess would be that he's just growing up and won't sleep 12 hours straight anymore! Have you tried putting him to bed an hour later and seeing if that makes a difference?
    I went through a couple of months where it was just 6am wake-ups, no matter what I tried. It's a phase... good luck!

Kerrie

Melinda Guest

Jacob went through a bit of a phase like that too unfortunately. He's recently been going through quite an unsettled phase where his sleep has been quite unsettled, but we just now seem to be coming out of it again! Sorry I don't have any real suggestions to offer you!!

If he's not upset maybe leave him and see if he will go back to sleep. I heard mine chattering away in the dark and there was no way I was getting up unless they were upset. It was cute listening to them for a while blowing rasberries and stuff.
    I was "allowed" to start Angus on solids earlier as he had stopped putting on weight at 5mth checkup, though he was sleeping ok.

Elijahs_Mum Guest

I am having that prob now.....I dont know what to do either, but he is slowly doing things diffrent. :-({|=

Jessica I agree with Sammi, maybe just let him lie there and see if he will put himself back to sleep. If he is not upset, but just making happy noises, it won't hurt him to lie there. I do this with Alana and most of the time she puts herself back to sleep. I think its good to try and teach them to put themselves back to sleep.

Maybe he is hungry! What about the chance that he is cold? I have started sleeping bags for Jessica and some mornings she is sleeping from 8pm to 7.30am, she was usually waking bf 7 or at 7am. She always kicks off the blankets so the sleeping bag worked well.

Cheers Michelle