Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At what age can you say

well glenn has a double crown & i think they swirl inwards, so he would have one swirling right & one swirling left! Now that puts a spanner in the works on that! LOL, Evans swirls right he is right handed & Isla's swirls right also.

Debbie Lee Guest

Apparently only 9% of the population is left handed, so it is sort of rare.
    It doesn't surprise me. Generally in a class of 25-30 kids there's only 1 or 2 kids that are left handed (or none at all).
    I had a left handed student a couple of years ago and it frustrated him so much (he had other learning difficulties too so the left-handedness just made him feel even more different). So he was extra special because of his left-handedness and I explained how it made him unique. He seemed to like that then went on to brag about how he could do things with his left hand that others couldn't.

Gabby seems to be favouring her right side. Neil and I are both right-handed and, as far as I know, no one in my family is left handed.... tho I could be wrong. It'll be interesting to see what happens, hey? At least these days kids aren't forced to be right-handed!! Gawd that would have been tough!

My brother is the same with using both hands/legs at sport, some sports he is right "handed" and others left.

I have a double crown, and I am right handed. But I can write quite legibly with my left hand if I need to. I used to practice at school.

With regard to genetics, some things are just a gene mutation, and are not necessarily inherited from parents.
    Last edited by Pandora; January 4th, 2007 at 03:31 PM.

what is it with the scissors? Is just that the thumb hole is smaller?

With the scissors, maybe it would be the way the blades are positioned? As when you come from a left handed angle the top blade would be on the inside instead of the outside... and perhaps with blunt kiddy scissors it might make a difference?

I am still trying to figure Aidyn out... he eats with his left hand, but he throws balls with his right hand... Although I suspect he favours his right hand more.

I am right handed, but DP was born lefthanded. Pity he had an abusive father who used to belt him whenever he used his left hand... so he was forced to become right handed.

DH -should- be lefthanded, but his mum made him righthanded (hence his deplorable handwriting LOL). But he is righthanded when it comes to sports etc. So who knows what DS will be. DH keeps asking, so at least now I can tell him we won't know for sure for a couple more years yet!

Yes, its to do with the blades not just the handles.

Lily uses both at the moment and she is 2. apparently i was left handed until i was 5 and then went to school and just changed to being right handed. I can still use my left hand for most things though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12