Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Age did you let your toddler bath alone???

Default What Age did you let your toddler bath alone???

Hi,

Just interested to see what age you were comfortable in leaving your child in the bath without you being in the bathroom with them. I am by no means ready as my DS is only 2.5yrs old but just looking to the future.

Thanks xxoo

Not until my DD was going to school, and even then I leave the bathroom door open and check in on her regularly. She chats to herself constantly though so even when I wasn't in the room I still knew she was breathing LOL!

well my daughter is almost 3, and I still dont leave her in the tub on her own. I am a worry wart of a mother though if there are no towels in the bathroom I will either get her out or pull the plug and tell her to wait while I fetch one, or I get my hubby to grab one from the linen closet, so I dont have to take my eyes off her for a second. If I could wrap her up in bubble wrap I would! haha. Water really worries me cause u hear of so many stories about little ones drowning, a family members friend had their toddler drown in a horse troff and he was only 2, its so sad you can never be too careful.

But at a guestamate I would say 5 and up? I dont know though as this one is my 1st toddler, I am not sure when I will feel comfortable myself leavin her in the tub on her own, but it does happen one day I guess, They all grow up, too too quickly!

Not yet!! Alexzander will be three in around 7 weeks and he's not left in the bath on his own yet. If I need a towel or washer I'll duck out for the few seconds it takes to get one though. In the shower I do't mind so much but will be in & out constantly.

I'll leave the room for a minute or so to grab towels nappies for the night etc if they're chatting to me - I figure that if they can make conversation they're not drowning. If they go quiet I get back quick smart.

OMG I can't believe this post is here! My son is 2, he's a big boy and always VERY talkative in the bath so I'm usually comfortable leaving him for a few minutes. But just before he started calling out and he was crying he must've knocked his mouth on something because his tongue was bleeding and I hate myself for it! Never ever leaving him alone again!

don't feel bad. Even if you had been there you probably couldn't have caught him in time.

Well i must be bad then! I leave Lily in the bath by herself and she is only 3. She does talk and sing though so i always hear her and i check on her every few minutes asking if she is ok. I don't leave Charlie by himself though or even if Lily is there with him. I will usually give them both a bath to start and then take charlie out after is little play and wash and then let Lily play in there herself. It's kinda liek a time out for her form Charlie aswell.

Bah, not bad at all Antheia. If you think she's fine in there then I'd say she is.

Yeah I'm trying not to feel bad, but I've always thought he was OK by myself for those few minutes. I've never worried about the water as I don't fill it up too much (although I'm aware it only takes a few cms) I think now I just have to think about the dangers of slipping and seriously hurting himself.

I feel a bit better now- it helps when he's dried off and gives me kisses and becomes naughty again!

Kameron was 3 when I started leaving him, by then I had Lachlan too but at that stage they weren't bathing together. When Kameron was happy to have Lachlan in the bath with them then I was back in there tub side.

Now all 3 of the boys have a shower together. They all sit on the floor and play cars while the shower pounds down on them LOL. As soon as Ashton hears the shower he is in there trying to get in clothes an all

Love

Don't feel bad... different strokes for different fokes I say. I just was interested that's all. Maybe I am just one of those over-protective mums that doesn't let him out of my site... LOL - thanks for all of your input. He loves showers the most so he mainly has a shower but occasionally a bath so it's really no issue that I am in there with him anyway. I find I get a decent conversation out of him when he is in the bath... he seems to concentrate a lot more...

hehe it's so cute how they love having baths/showers. Every time we walk past the bathroom he rushes in and climbs on into the empty bath! (I think it was the foam letters that stick to the tiles that made him love bath time )

My children are 5 and 6 years old - if I knew I was expecting a call I'd keep the phone with me but have never left them alone. Maybe I'm over protective but I'd rather be safe than sorry.....

Ellibam Guest

i leave makon in there as i take arquene out get her dressed and ready for bed! if i cant hear him i call out and get him to sing! but usually i hear him playing!
    he has been doing swimming lessons for ever so i am confident that in 3 /4 inches of water he is fine! i would never leave arquene in there until she is at an age where she is safe!(even if it means safe from her big bro...)

My ds baths alone, although big sis is usally in the shower at the same time, if she doesnt want a bath, i never go to far i stay within distant so i can hear any splashes,

I leave DD in the bath often while I am in the next room dressing DS and getting him ready for bed. She is 3. I am literally only a metre away from her and she talks and plays etc. If something were to go wrong, I'd know instantly.

Most nights I bath DS and then DH baths DD, but if I have to do them together, I have to leave her for a short time.

My DD is only 9 1/2 months so definately not now, especially not after her first bubble bath tonight, she tried several times to eat/drink the bubbles. And has now just vomited up a whole heap of water.... LOL...
    But I would think that if the child was good in the bath, I would probably leave them for short periods at about 3 or 4 yrs. But only if they weren't a daredevil who did silly things like eat the soap...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast