Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you get for your bub's 1st birthday??

Question What did you get for your bub's 1st birthday??

DH and I are starting to think about what we would like to get Iz for her birthday. She still seems to little for a bike, although a trike with a handle might be good...

When we move we might have room for things like a swing set or cubby but it will sit in a box for the next 6 mths or so until we sell and move.....

We'd like to get one nice big item rather than lots of little things as she will more than likely get lots of stuff at her party.
    So what did you get your child for their first birthday!!???? (I keep calling her bub, I just can't stop myself even though she nearly isn't anymore )
    TIA

from memory we got DD a pooh bear fold out lounge, with the sleeping bag attached. She absolutely loved it. My parents bought it out with them when they visited and dad sat it on the floor in front of her while I wasn't in the room (he didn't realise she wasn't to have it then)
    I came out to see DD sitting on it with a big smile on her face. She had it for quite a few years too, so got plenty of use out of it.

Nic

We've got Iz a HUGE stuffed pony that is in a sitting position so she'll be able to climb all over it, pretend to ride it etc but won't have far to fall off. Also got just a couple of little extra silly toys, including those crayola baby crayons and a big colouring book - might regret that one when she uses the crayons on my walls and floor!! My folks have got her a "thing" that is a combination push, ride on, pedal pony (again!) that you convert as they get older. DH's family have got her one of those pull out couch things with a sleeping bag built in - will be great if I ever get enough courage to leave her for sleepovers at grandma's house!

I like the cubby idea too Tan, but I think that's probably next year, or maybe next Christmas for Izzy and Ned combined.

For our kids first birthdays we built a toybox for Lindsay, and brought a timber table and chair set for Erin and a toybox for Paige, plus something small for them to unwrap. We didn't want to get them toys or anything as at that age they have absolutely no idea what it is all about.

For Izzy's birthday she got

- vtech sit to dance thing... it sings and plays music, teaches them alpabet and colours etc.
    - vtech infant development system. that plugs into the tv and teaches the alpabet, numbers, colours, also has sign lanuguage on there too. and you can either play it with the tv or without.
    - a motorised pink quad bike, which she loves just hasnt got the hang of holding the button down her self so mum does that!

For DDs 1st birthday (in 8 months!!) I have found a beautiful wooden painted tea party set. It has a cake in segments, tray, teapot, teabags etc all in wood and so very pretty. I think it is made in France. The website has just gorgeous things on it!

1.3 x leap frog baby learning towns (wash & wax) (barn buddies) (happy home)
    2.fisher~price Baby's first blocks
    3.fisher~price stack and roll cups
    4.playskool rumbling rolling dump truck

he got so much other stuff we held back but this year he is getting a proper hills swing set

i wasn't going to give Archie aything for his 1st birthday, cause knew that others would get him presents and he didn't have a clue what the day was about anyway. DH wanted to give him something to unwrap on the morning of his birthday so we ust got a Playskool Ute for him.

Other people bought him:

-flip out sofa with sleeping bag (has come in very handy, gets played with every day)
    -Fisher Price Laughand Learn House (THE best toy in the world)

I had always wanted to get Darcy a build-a-bear when she was born, but I never got around to it. SO for her first birthday I took her and let her pick (I've got a very switched on kid). She picked a pink poodle and I picked a little dancing outfit for it because she loved to dance at that age.
    She doesn't play with it, it's just on her bed. But it was just from me to her...and as much for me as for her.

We got Oskar a bike (Target) which will suit him right up to around 3 yrs old...you can take things off and change it as they get older - it has a sun visor thingy, 5 point harness etc. He loves it and we can go for walks with him without taking the pram. He got lots of lovely clothes and other toys - trucks, trains, blocks etc from friends and family when we had his party.

My parents brought Emma a rocking horse for her birthday, not a small one though, she is 9 now and still sits and rocks on her horse. Of course we had to hold her on it when she first got it, but it was a special pressie that she can still use. Both Emma and Hamish got little cars that they could push and sit on and ride.

Aston got a Vaccum cleaner He is avidly fascinated with ours, so we decided to get him a fisher price one. He loves it! When every I do the vaccuming, he gets his, and "helps" me.

DoubleK Guest

we got Krystal a TMX elmo, a pull along caterpillar, some books and clothes.
    i put them all in a basket, and sat her in front of it.. she had a ball pulling everything out!

its hard at one, because they dont understand the idea of 'look! presents!!!!' but i guess new stuff to play with is good.

im looking forward to Krystals 2nd birthday, as she knows what 'pesants' are now! lol

Grace had so much stuff from christmas, that we kept it very simple. She got a dressing gown, pjs, winter clothes, shoes...little stuff like that. She got a princess ride-on trike from her grandmother, and she also got a doll and gorgeous pram from her nanna and pop and aunties...so we didn't need to get anything big and fancy, everyone else had it covered! lol.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I like the idea of the Learn and Play house but am wondering how long she could use it for - its says 36 mths I guess. She will definately get one of those fold out couches! Thanks for the reminder! She doesn't get alot of toys all the time so we would like the things that she does get to be things that are versatile I guess! We are going to get her some musical intruments and probably the trike with a handle, and now Im just thinking of things to tell mum because she is desperate to go shopping!

We got our son a rocking horse- and he loves it. It is huge so we have to lift him on to it, but he will be able to use it for ages- my 7 y old nephew fits on it. We bought it from e bay for a good price, and I think it is something that can be handed down to his children if he wants to.

His grandfather bought him a flip out sofa with a sleeping bag and I agree that these are great, my son uses his every day.

For my first son's 1st birthday we bought him a big boys bed and book shelf. This is because his birthday is only 3 weeks after christmas and he was spoiled as it was his first christmas. We also gave him a few toys and things to unwrap, and he also got spoiled by everyone else anyway.

Nikki

LIvvy is getting the trike with a handle for her birthday Tan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast