Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #6

Default Babies Born December 2007 #6

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in December 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is HERE

Me first, me first...!!!!

(Got nothing interesting to share, I just wanted to go first). Oh, actually, not true, we successfully attempted a dreamfeed last night... It's the first night that he was actually asleep at a decent hour so we could try it.

Hi to everyone, hope all and their bubbas are well and happy.

wow we talk

Can I just say I have fallen in love all over again Olivia has just been such a sweet heart...

Just have to share these 2 gorgeous photo's
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...363/ppuser/752

And check out this huge smile
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...365/ppuser/752

Awww Nic, she's so cute!

Isn't it lovely when they are gorgeous! Euan has been very talkative today and has had quite a few super-cute moments in between being a grumpy baby. It makes such a difference!

Just had a total 'mummy' moment. Olivia was kicking up a stink for Rob so he passed her off to his mum and she tried to settle her with no success. I walked in, picked her up and she stopped straight away! Sounds a bit silly maybe but it really made me feel like a mum.

awww Alicia I know what you mean.. yay for mummies lol

Thanks suse.. don't you love when they stat talking to you

Sofia has started talking more, just wish Maria would chatter a bit less.

Quote Originally Posted by kitten2b View Post
    Sofia has started talking more, just wish Maria would chatter a bit less.
    Oh I hear ya!!!

Now can someone please tell Olivia that I do not mind starting the day at 5am but please please drop that 1am feed at least.. **yawn** technically my day started 4:20 when she started stirring but I gave up trying to get her back to sleep at 5 and got up and now my eyes are closing.

crying baby yay might be nap time.. BBL

PMSL Louise. I wish Noah and Tehya had an off button, and if not that then a volume switch would be nice.

Not sure what Abbey weighs etc. I take her to the chemist where I take her to get everything done, the midwife there doesn't work during the holidays and I keep forgetting to just put her on the baby scales when I am out near a chemist. I do know that she is growing nicely though, she has cute chubby cheeks and a double chin now. Abbey does the hugest, sweetest smiles and is talking now too.

She has been having not so good afternoons, staying awake for far too long then getting over tired and grumpy, which leads to screaming. However, she did fall to sleep on Fri night around 9.30ish I guess and woke at 5am !! Go Abbey. Last night was ok too, asleep around 9ish and up at 4.30am. I'm not complaining.

Lauren, OMG at 25 girls in here. That is seriously huge. Any wonder we have issues keeping up.

Just uploading some new pics of Abbey.

Nic, Olivia is just gorgeous.
    Liz, Kayla is such a cutie. Will be great to catch up again soon

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/4367 Abbey this morning.

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/4368/ppuser/413 My patriotic son on Australia Day.

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/4369/ppuser/413 Tehya and her tat.

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/4370/ppuser/413 Noah and Abbey.
    Last edited by Trish; January 27th, 2008 at 07:25 AM.

haroula, yes onthe bleeding- what's with that? in Indonesia they call it white blood (the clear fluid) and there's some weird belief about not doing upside down yoga poses or it'll go to your head (?!) i noticed it stops and starts depending on how you dress: it pours out as soon as you wear a short skirt and just knickers, stops if u wear a surfboard, and suddenly gets heavy if you wear just a panty liner (or if you dare have sex). theres no solution i can see. hey did u say u lost 12 kgs? that's amazing. how are u feeling about your dramatically different body? i have no idea in kgs what's going on for me but i'm liking being relatively slim again. and no one (not even me) expects a flat tummy after a baby. it's nice.

BABY BUDDIES 2007/2008

Kitten2b (Louise) Kensington
    Bubs: Sofia Bernadette 29 Oct 2007

Aussienic (Nic) Boyne Island QLD
    Bubs: Olivia Rose 20 Nov 2007

Trish (Trish) Western Sydney
    Bubs: Abbey Raine 26 Nov 2007

Roryrory (Aurora) Melb
    Bubs: Oliver 28 Nov 2007

Suse (Suse) QLD
    Bubs: Euan Oscar 28 Nov 2007

Alicia (Alicia) Melb
    Bubs: Olivia Margaret 4 Dec 2007

Nikki87 (Nicole) Perth
    Bubs: Summer 6 Dec 2007

Bekz (Rebekah) Brisbane
    Bubs: Loren Maja 9 Dec 2007

QueenMab (Victoria) Sydney
    Bubs: Scarlett Ashleigh 10 Jan 2008

Shell_bell (Michelle) Perth
    Bubs: Caitlin 11 Dec 2007

Michelle_k (Michelle) Perth
    Bubs:Mirani 12 Dec 2007

TeenaRose (Teena) Kambalda WA
    Bubs: Olivia Louise 16 Dec 2007

Bron81 (Bron) Melb
    Bubs: Kai 17 Dec 2007

LittleLara (Lara) Glenroy
    Bubs: Jordan 22 Dec 2007

Buzzie (Lauren) Boronia VIC
    Bubs: Asher Lachlan 23 Dec 2007

Ali (Ali) Perth
    Bubs: Liam James 23 Dec 2007

Mummytotwo (Nicole)Wollongong NSW
    Bubs: Bronte 26 Dec 2007

Haroula (Haroula) Avondale Heights VIC
    Bubs: chrissie 27 Dec 2007

Apes23 (April) NSW
    Bubs: Bodie 27 Dec 2007

Tonydayl (Dayl) North Lakes Brisbane
    Bubs: Fraser 31 Dec 2007

Xtml (Lara) Brisbane
    Bubs: Mylo 1 Jan 2008

AnnaT (Anna) Bonegilla VIC
    Bubs: Ripley 2 Jan 2008

Bindy (Belinda) Nundah QLD
    Bubs: Madeleine May 2 Jan 2008

Kristielee (Kristie) Lanwarrin
    Bubs: Jemma Ruby-Lee 9 Jan 2008

Boo (____) Adelaide
    Bubs: Jye __________

Wow there a quite a few Brissy gals here. We should do a meet up some day.

Hi all,

Happy Australia Day for yesterday. I haven't been around very much because time just slips away and my darling Loren is a bit of a challenge.

Last night she has her longest sleep ever...5 hours!!!! I am going to get her checked out for reflux. Loren started to smile last week and she is making all sorts of different sounds. At the last weigh in she was 4.4kgs (up 1kg since birth) and 56cms (up 3cms).

Buzzie -Symbiotic is the brand of probiotic I have got for both my girls. It does not contain lactose like Inner Health does.

Nic - Did you read the 1.5hour sleep thing in the thread I posted re bfing? When I read it a penny dropped and I now realise I was letting Loren go too long between sleeps. I have now set up a sleep routine - At the 1.5hour mark I put her into the cot and most times a quick pat and she is off to sleep!!!

Anyone considering going on a diet? I know you shouldn't diet when bfing but I honestly think I would be healthier if I was "on" a diet iykwim. At the moment I am not eating that well and my diet consists of a lot of bicuits and quick snacks. My DH is doing a meal replacement thing and he has lost 3kgs in 3 weeks. I think I might do this too. A meal replacement has to be better than biscuits!!!

I must say I really do miss being able to do personals.
    Last edited by BekZ; January 27th, 2008 at 12:02 PM.

I don't have much to say today 'cept "Hello Everyone!" Hope everyone is having a good long weekend. I am having a nice time, the family have come to visit & Scarlett has decided she doesn't mind sleeping in her cot during the day, which is much better than the point blank refusal to sleep in her basinette...

Nights are still "interesting" but not too exhausting as she is sleeping with me atm & snoring DP is elsewhere lol.

BB tomorrow, hopefully!!

Hi Girls,
    I have found myself with a few spare minutes so thought I would pop in & say hello!
    Lara - so sorry to hear about your experience on the bus the other day - how horrible.
    Aussienic - I watched that video of your son reading to Olivia & it was just so adorable. Your boys are mighty handsome & Olivia a real Angel....
    Went to an Oz day bbq yesterday & pretty much had to nurse bubs all day to keep the peace!! She is still grizzly with wind/ reflux etc but Doc said there is not much to do except try the products on the market, try different feeding positions (more upright) & if all else fails get tested for conditions. Think I will try a few products first, new feeding positions & hope she grows out of it before too long.
    Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekends & their bubs BBL.

Quote Originally Posted by BekZ View Post
    Nic - Did you read the 1.5hour sleep thing in the thread I posted re bfing? When I read it a penny dropped and I now realise I was letting Loren go too long between sleeps. I have now set up a sleep routine - At the 1.5hour mark I put her into the cot and most times a quick pat and she is off to sleep!!!

Anyone considering going on a diet? I
    yup thats where I read it and yeh the penny dropped for me too.. and now I get to her within 2 hours of her waking and she goes to sleep so mich easier and we have had almost no screaming.

As for the diet thing I just watch what I eat. (and I am not eating well lol) but if I cut out my night snacks I would be fine.. Before I fell pregnant with Olivia I was doing 30 mins of exercise either on the bike or treadmill and I cut out the night snacks and went from drinking cole to Zero and I lost 4 kg in a month then I found out Miss Olivia was on the way lol...

and yeh wow we have a huge group.. I hope to come to Bris in April.. maybe... WOuld be nice to meet some of you..

Nicole: Thanks.. It was so sweet when Ethan started reading to her

ok ladies just a quick one from me too!

All is well here... had another good night..!!

nothing much else to report.... all your babies are absolutely gorgeous!!!

xxx

just a quick one.. I took Olivia for her first swim in a pool today.. She didn't like it at first but then once she settled into the water she loved it.. but then she looked cold so we got her out and she has been asleep ever since

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast