Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you have in your nappy bag?

katanya Guest

Tegan: you could probably go get it now the voucher is in your second Bounty Bag, but the stuff in there isn't relivant to newborns IYKWIM, like you get crawler nappies (6-11kgs), teething drops, a teat for older babies, that sort of thing.

Tootie: poor you missing out on the free stuff! why do they leave poor tassie out? Do you get the baby expos down there>? if so you'd be able to get HEAPS more free stuff there, my friend and I got HEAPS of stuff at the Brisbane Expo..I'm such a sucker for samples

Melinda Guest

I don't know why Tassie is left out of the Bounty Bag thing, but I was spewing about it! LOL Tassie always seems to get left out GRRRR

And nope, no baby expo's either....unless there has been one and I don't know about it (anything is possible with my Mushy Mummy Brain LOL). Like you I'm a sucker for samples so you can imagine how ticked off I have been about this whole caper ROFL!!! Thank goodness for the Coles Baby Box that I got!!! He heheheee!!!

Melinda Guest

P.S. Forgot to mention that I love that picture of Felix in his santa hat Katanya!!! So cute!!!

What a great topic for new mums to be!

I have a large nappy bag which I only ever use if we go away or if I use the bertini pram. Generally I will use a small normal backpack with the stroller (popped underneath) and the bag that came with the pram over the handles. I also have a kapoochi small back pack which I use as a handbag. It has the bottle cooler/warmer thing and lots of compartments for little things, if I'm not going to be too long. So in Jack's nappy bag as well as the usual items we have:

a pen
    sunscreen
    bibs
    hat
    pegs (great for clipping a bunny rug over the pram or whatever, it holds it there well!)
    tissues
    face washers
    balloons (not blown up)
    food/water/rusks
    a book
    Jack's sunglasses
    and always always wherever we go.......a peanut butter s/w! (for Jack)

katanya Guest

Got to LOVE the coles baby box Tootie,
    Thanks, yes felix does look rather fetching in his Santa hat, have to look for another pic now the season has passed..it's abit like a christmas tree, can't bear to take it down yet.
    Hmm can't think ATM what you can do to get more free samples... but surely they realise there are planty of Tasmanian Mamas missing out on the free stuff!

Melinda Guest

You'd think so wouldn't you Katanya!!! There are plenty of Mummy's down here! LOL

I didn't get the voucher for the sample box with my first coles baby magazine. I emailed them to let them know & they said basically oh well too bad these things happen.

Melinda Guest

Argh...that's pretty poor Sarah!!!

that sucks Sarah. I ended up with 4 coles boxes cause my ILs, parents and grandmother all signed up as well when I was preg with Kameron LOL

Love

Hey Sarah, I never picked up my coles box... from memory the voucher should still be in one of my handbags. I was about to pick it up, but my waters broke that very day, lmao!!
    If I find it I will send it down to you

Ooooh - more free stuff? Where do I get my Coles Box? How do I get a voucher?? Must have free stufffffffff!!!!!!!
    Speaking of nappy bags, I'm looking at the GR8X essential traveller. Its about $70, but I've been told its really great. Has anybody else given this one a test drive?
    Fi

spiddles Guest

Just go to coles website and sign up Fi....I think thats how I did it.

I have 2 nappy bags...arent the most expencive but they do the trick. I have the babygear weekender (about $40-$50) which I use when going away. Stores upto 6 bottles insulated. Came with change matt and has a plastic bag joint in for old nappies and HEAPS of room!! The I have the babygear urban bag ($20) which I take shopping with me. Has ebough room for a bottle, mappy nappy wipes, change of clothes etc. Think I bought both from Big W.

I have a BabyGear backpack too Spiddles, I'm not sure which one it is though, my sisters gave it to me at my babyshower. It has two insulated pockets, and a change mat, plastic zip bag, and about a million other pockets and sections

I reckon the more pockets the better. I think I carry too much stuff.

And now that Alex is in daycare, we have to send him with a day's worth of "stuff" including change of clothes, full day of nappies and food, panadol, teething gel, bepanthen (nappy rash cream) etc etc etc...

So the more pockets and the bigger the bag, the better IMHO!

katanya Guest

Sarah just a thought..why don't you join up under your husbands name? That way you might get a voucher this time!

Melinda Guest

Fi - in the baby section of Coles, they normally have pamphlets about the Coles Baby Club and a form to use to sign up. But as spiddles said, you can also get on the www to suss it out.

I tried that Katanya, but they only allow one per household. Might see if mum will sign up as well.

Thanks for the offer Ambah, will let you know how I go with mum too.

I've looked at the coles web to join, but there is nothing about a coles box. What is it, and whats in it?
    Coles website very slow to load.... MAy just call up in person and do it.
    Luckily Shane and I have different primary places of residence and different surnames! We can probably cheat the system and both join! I hardly ever do this, but I've been so angelic lately I feel like getting something back!
    Fi

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast