Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does your toddler/child take to bed?

Default What does your toddler/child take to bed?

My DD has collected an array of dolls, teddies and stuffed toys that *must* stay on her bed, along with her quilt. She trots in early in the morning with one or two, different each time, and requests who she wants to cuddle out of the pack each night. She has a couple of favourites, Freddy the dog, a little bear with a rattle (nice and easy to find in the dark!), a lamb and Oscar the teddy.

The last week or so she's taken to asking for slightly less bedtime-type companions - tonight she took her bedtime story, last night it was a pack of flash cards and before that a toy cup. Gives us a chuckle!

What does your little one like to cuddle and take to bed?

DD likes to take her Dummy & her winnie the pooh that glows & plays music. Sometimes she will take Dora with her.

her thumb!!

Imran doesn't take anything special but he usually falls asleep with the toy of the day so tonight he went to bed with a Thomas the Tank Engine take-along in each hand.

Yasin likes to take his dummy, his blankie, his puppy and the toys and/or book of the moment. Sometimes it seems like there are more objects than boy in the bed.

Darcy won't take a thing. She has a dummy but if you try and offer her something to cuddle she chucks it.

J has lately wanted to take a book to bed. He always have Suzie bear with him aswell.

at the moment its 'big narnie' (bananas in pyjamas doll) and "trauma bear"
    But some days he will ask for different toys, by his names for them, which are sometimes hard to decipher. Tonight he also insisted on taking an empty bottle which he threw out of the cot after less than 2 minutes.

right now it is Buzzzzzzzzzzz peaaaaasssseee top of his lungs every night it is so very cute i love it that he has formed a bond with his toy friends

Seth has to have his lindt bunny, another bunny, his black labrador, another teddy, his dummy and his blanket. He *must* have his blanket in 30 degree heat, he plays with a corner, then finds the next corner plays with it, then moves along and keeps doing this till he falls asleep. Very cute

Paris was and still is a collector at bedtime. She has these little rituals and everything has to be exactly where she wants it or she can't sleep. And the rituals change depending on what phases she's going through.

Grace has to have her dummy and her stuffed doggy....her favourite toy.

Aidyn always takes his blankie to bed these days, but over the past two years he has taken anything from cars, trains, large army tanks, books, and sometimes wants to pile his bed up with every soft toy he owns... LOL
    Just recently he fell asleep hugging a massive transformer Optimus Prime toy... not a very comfortable looking thing to be hugging let me tell you!

I'm loving this thread - our babies are all so sweet and unique and quirky

Danielle takes her Oogie bear. He's a little blanket with a bear head. She's had him since she was born.

She also has to take a book, which is great cause she will read it when she wakes up in the morning and give me a little more sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambah View Post
    Just recently he fell asleep hugging a massive transformer Optimus Prime toy... not a very comfortable looking thing to be hugging let me tell you!
    I want a massive transformer Optimus Prime toy!!!!

Julia just has her lamb she must go to bed and sleep hugging it. However the must have in the car is the little Elmo and Cookie Monster soft toys you can buy at Coles.

LMAO Cai, yeah I think DP really wanted it for himself but used Aidyn as an excuse to get it! Its so complicated it will take Aidyn at least a couple of years to master, and I don't think I will ever figure out how to transform it LOL.

Link me up I wanna see what it looks like... if they made it in bumblebee I'd hug that for sure

Lily always takes her baby born doll, always needs at least 2 dummies. One to use and one to hold. Maybe as a compensation as Charlie doesn't have a dummy. She also needs to 'read' at least 2-3 books.

Charlie needs a bottle of milk, a fluffy blanket and his white glo bear teddy. Much more simpler!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast