Thread: What PJ's in sleeping bag?

Question What PJ's in sleeping bag?

Am trying Jackson in a grobag for 1st time tonight in an effort to get him to sleep through the night. We are hoping he is not sleeping because he is wriggling out of his covers because we have tried everything else!

Just wondering for what to dress him in. It is a living textiles 2.5 tog bag, he has footless flanelette PJ's, would these be ok, or should I go with something a little lighter like the bonds stretchies?

cazoraz Guest

Do you have heating your house on at night?

Coleman sleeps in a sleeping bag cos he is a cover-kicker aswell (sleeps like an angel in his bag though!). I dont have the heating on at night time here and it gets quite chilly so he wears a bodysuit, flannel pj's, sleeping bag and a cellular blanket over the top.

xxxCaz

I live in QLD... so it may not get as cold at night here, but only in the deepest part of winter did we have a bonds wondersuit under the 2.5tog growbag. I think our main reason was that she hates getting over heated, its a big fear of mine and she seemed fine. Right now in the temps we are having in Brissy if I were to dress her in something before she went to bed it might be a long sleave body suit with no legs under the grow bag. even lightweight flannelette pj's under the grow bag with the top few buttons undone. HTH!

No heating at night Caz, it is a propper growbag, not just a sleeping bag, so I think he would get way too hot with bodysuit, pj's and extra blankets on top, must be a fair bit colder where you are!

Christy, I didnt mean the growsuit, you know those lightweight stripey bonds suit with no feet, they are quite thin. I will try him tonight in the light flannies with no socks and see how he goes

Kellie, he is a hot baby, but he gets cold when out of his covers. I guess like you said it is trial and error. It is 2.5 tog, but to feel it doesnt seem like it would be that warm, I guess it must be really warm materials used in the quilting

cazoraz Guest

I agree that its trial and error, you can always add more layers if you think he's too cold or not sleeping well so maybe start witht he lightest pj's and go up from there if needed.

It is pretty cold where I am, and I am just using cheap sleeping bags from big W that probably arent as warm as the proper grobags.

Yeah now with Matilda almost 2 she hates having covers on and we can't get her into a growsuit (she can take them off) so we just try to rug her up & hope for the best. Sometimes if it does get cold we sneak in before bed & cover up her legs.

One way of checking if they are too hot is it their feet and the back of their neck are clammy and sweaty.

Atm I have Aidyn in his 1.0 tog grobag on some nights with a pj top and pants underneath (no singlet or socks). But on some nights he just gets too hot even in his 1.0tog grobag, so I put him in flanalette pj's with a singlet and socks (and no blanket), and he will be fine like that for the whole night and not get too cold. He is a pretty hot sleeper though (like his Dad!)

Ok, well so far so good, he went to sleep pretty easily. I went with singlet and light flannies, with socs, and a light blanket over the top. Was only 15 degrees here today so is going to be a cold night. Is his 1st night with a baby pillow too. He is a really cuddly goodgy baby so I figured I would try to make it as soft, cozy, warm and inviting in there as I could.

Min that is what my daughter is wearing tonight she wont sleep in the bonds suits anymore has to be flannies.
    Bec

Matthew has the same bag and we have long sleeved and legged flannie underneath. We keep a light blanket on top until the heating goes off as its central heating and then we put a heavier blanket on top. Matthew always woke up being cold and always tosses the covers. I hope Jackson has a lovely, cosy sleep.

OMG, he slept without waking until 8am!! I went in and checked on him an hour after I put him down, and he hadnt even eolled over, was still in same positiong on back which is very very rare!!! We went in to check on him at 8am and he was trying to stand up at the foot of the cot, but couldnt work out the bag, he looked like a lil' caterpillar!

Put him in it tonight @ 8pm and he snuggled his head right down in the pillow, just seems so much more comfy than before! Didn;t put socks on him tonight, was so warm when I got him out this morning, I thought he could do without them, he is such a sweaty little thing - typical rehead!