Thread: What a reality check!

? have to consult the road map on my stomach...

Default What a reality check!

Not sure where to put this, but need to get my thoughts down and stop them circling through my head...

Went to church this morning and another family we see there was there with all their kids. They're a blended family and one of the boys has been really ill with cancer of some form for a long time. He was there today with his dad and step mum and seeing them there holding each other up just gave me a real reality check. They're now talking about palliative care for the boy - he'd only be about 13 I think...

Here I have been worried and frustrated about lack of sleep and fussiness with feeding... so many parents go through so much more on a daily basis... it all just made me stop and think. My baby is so precious, I need to stop worrying about the small stuff and start cherishing each and every moment no matter what the time of day or night.

Just needed to get that off my chest and send up a prayer for parents everywhere sitting with their sick kids.

LM, thank you for sharing. Sometimes we need a reminder of how lucky we are, and what is REALLY important in our lives!

Yep - I remind myself daily that the sleep issues will be such a short time in his life and there are so many things in this world that can go wrong that are far, far worse. It took me so long to finally get my earth baby that I cherish every moment - sleep deprived and all.

I hope the family have all the support they need during this difficult time.