Thread: What size clothing is your 6 month old wearing?

Question What size clothing is your 6 month old wearing?

My DD has just gone 6 months and our size 0's are starting to get stretched a bit tight. She's very long (can't remember exact cm, but we hear "wow - she's so tall/long/big" ALL the time!). She's not "big", she's very lean, but just so long. She was born at 52cm and for memory at her 4 month check up was already 77cm or something.

We moved into 0's about 2 months ago, had a cold snap hit which saw me run out and buy up on warmer 0's clothing and I sat back thinking it would last me through winter. I'm now starting to look for 1's because the 0's are stretching tight - ie not sitting nice and baggy/comfy. When she decided to eat her feet today, the material gaped in between all the snaps - like when you try to get into a shirt a bit small and the material strains around your boobs (or in my case, your middle!)

I do prefer her in all-in-one jumpsuits, and I have noticed they seem to sit more "snug" than tops and pants sets, so that could be part of it? She's also cloth bummed in bubblebubs which aren't the trimmest of nappies, so I take that into account. But when I see the sizing charts in the stores saying Size 0 = 12 months, I start to wonder.

What size is your 6 month (or around) in? Is size 0 moving into size 1 at this age normal? common? super I have a basketball player on my hands rare?

I am sure he is normal! Probably going to be tall, so gotta start growing early!
    There are boys in my mums group 7 months and in size 0 and size 1.
    My DD is 7 months and in 000 and 00 mostly. (cloth bum too!) So i guess she is on the smaller side.

My son was in 0's at 6 months. I did find that Target, Kmart and Pumpkin Patch had smaller 0 size clothes than Best & Less or Big W.

I ended up buying mainly Best & Less and Big W clothes because they lasted longer.

Hehe, oddly enough, it was a Best & Less suit she was in today.

My DS was probably just coming out of 000 and going into 00, he is still in 00 but slowly going into 0's. He is currently 76cm tall. Every baby is different, I think sizes go alot on the babies shape rather than weight

Some 00 still fit but DD2 is long so in 0's

DD1 at 6 months was in 000 and a few 00

Quote Originally Posted by lee75 View Post
    My DS was probably just coming out of 000 and going into 00, he is still in 00 but slowly going into 0's. He is currently 76cm tall. Every baby is different, I think sizes go alot on the babies shape rather than weight
    Oh how I wish she was still in 000 - I have so many outfits that size that I just adored! LOL.

The biggest problem I have with her moving out of the 0's, is it seems to become near on impossible to find jumpsuits in size 1. Except bonds stuff, and for some reason I'm just not a fan of the wondersuits.

K-Mart have alot of size 1 jumpsuits other then wondersuits. I found that they are in the 'big girls' clothing....so not the baby section but the other girls clothes....they have stuff from 0 to 16 over there!

(DD1 is a size 1 so that how i know that...LOL)

HTH....

Oh really?! I'll have to go have a look!! I have a quick browse through that section, but I could only see 2, 3 and up. Then again, I do have a craptastic Kmart near here - but since I'm moving on Saturday I'll have to find a new one and they might be better! Thanks for that, I so didn't know!

Charlotte is already getting too long for 0's lol
    She is lean and cloth bummed too so I hear your pain!! I bought MASSES of clothes from Ebay before she was born 0000-2's and she has gone through all of them almost already!
    Definately steer clear of Bonds - tehy are tiny sizing in the wondersuits, but eh Dymples tuff (Big W i think?) are a good size...long enough and big enough to get the cloth in too

GL!

I've got some Dymples stuff, but I find it stretches out of shape so quickly...

I've just put Savannah in a long sleeve no legs jumpsuit (size 0) and it's stretched to it's limit, with a pair of size 0 pants over the top which are hanging about 5cm past her feet LOL. It seems to be the long sleeve long legs with feet jumpsuit in 0 that have the most trouble fitting at the moment, just plain pants seem to be huge still at 0.

Looks like I'll have to put her in some size 1 tops (size 0 tops are a bit 'snug') with size 0 bottoms. I guess I can also stop looking at the sizing charts at the top of the racks in stores then too... I'm so glad to hear that Savannah's not that abnormally long. I knew every baby was different, just wanted to make sure Miss S wasn't too different LOL.

The silver lining of course is... MORE SHOPPING!!!

I have a shorty like me - Im only 5"1 so i wouldn't expect her to be tall, but she as only just gone into 0's in the last month or so and at 6 mths was in 00's. Some tops are 1 now but pants ect are still 0! As another poster stated all bubs are different!!!

When my ds was 6mths he was still in 000 moving to 00. Hes 8mths now and still in 00 and some 0. Hes in a 00 today and hes wearing a terry square.

Best and Less had heaps of size 1 jumpsuits (without legs though) last time I was there... And I'm not sure about Kmart for non-bonds stuff, as I love wondersuits & easy suits Depending on where you live of course, perhaps you could have an excursion to a bigger Kmart or BigW? (I find Target too exey, so I don't bother buying stuff from there except for special occasions.)

dd is almost 7mths now but has been in 0's for a while now since just before 6mths i think shes now between 0-1 she is very tall also..

DS is just over 7 months he is tall and chubby and is in 0s in all brands and 1s in some (like bonds)
    i find the all in ones the hardest as they gape or ride up.. i often do seperates with a singlet suit under.
    also cotton on kids all in ones (no feet) are good and reasonable price.

00 but mainly 0's.