Thread: What's life like with 3?

Default What's life like with 3?

My second baby is now 13 months, and at an age where he's getting more independant, and is so animated and fun. It's funny how you forget how hard the last year has been. I swore I'd never go through another pregnancy, and first few months with a new baby again, but DH is talking about having another baby. So, I'm wondering if someone can tell me what it's like having 3. I would have a newborn, a two year old, and a four year old. I've found the first year with two very hard, would I manage the first year with 3? We have two boys now, and it we'd like a chance to have a girl, but certainly wouldn't be counting on that. So, what do you think?

I had a huge gap between my 2nd and 3rd so I guess it would be completely different from my end to yours. I think you just learn to qork out your time between children, bathing do the 2 older ones together, lunch, feed together and hopefully get naps together. Bub has to be worked around them most days. As for going for the girl, can't blame you May sure you do careful timing and anything else that helps

o.k . how do I do that?

I think there is a thread set up for gender timing. Basically, you have to dtd before O and then abstain for the rest of your cycle or use rubbers You need the sperm in there waiting for the egg to be released. Remember that boy sperm swim fast but die quicker, girls are slower but live longer, slow and steady wins the race yet again It does take longer to conceive a girl intentioanlly, but it's definatley worth the wait.

Stormi Guest

Well, I guess it varies on the age gaps and each child's temperaments. My DD is almost one (and I have two boys, 7 and 4). When DD was a baby, it was pretty easy, she was really placid and flexible and was okay if her nap was a bit later than normal etc etc. Now she is almost one and I've found it a lot harder now than earlier on, as she is more demanding and mobile as well. It's not like when she was younger and I could just put her in her rocker and get the boys organised etc. She is always on the go now. I get the boys clothes out for school etc and will be trying to do something else and she takes off with the clothes and spreads them around the house and chews on them and makes them wet etc LOL. I think the hardest part for me though is the mornings when DS1 has school and DS2 has pre-school and trying to get them all organised in the morning so we aren't late. It's not too bad as they get their own breakfast if they have to, DS1 gets his uniform out himself and DS2 dresses himself if I get his clothes for him.

It might seem a bit daunting with another baby at first, but you just manage to cope. It also teaches the older kids some independence if they don't already have it, and you'll be amazed by how much they'll want to help.

I have such big gap between my 2nd and 3rd as well ... 6 years! I have had no dramas although it did take me longer to get used to the interrupted sleep! I also have 2 kids who are eager to help and were both so excited to have Asha here. They would be lost without her now! Now if we can just work out whether to have baby #4 ...

Cheers

Sana i will have Kimberley nearly 4 and Alexander will be 20 months old when this one is born. Not sure how i will cope but i know i will do the very best i can and just take everyday as it comes i think that is all any of us can do.

Even now with 2 everyday is a challenge and something new is always going on.

Congratulations on your pregnancy Michelle. Looking at my place at the moment, it's a real mess with two, with three it might be utter chaos LOL. Not sure how we'd go leaving the house. I've already given up trying to tidy up before we leave. The breakfast dishes are usually there when I come back, but life goes on. Most of the time it's cleaned up before DH comes home, but surprisingly enough he thinks the place looks like a bomb has hit it. Would love to see how the men would get on with keeping the place tidy.