Thread: Whats this rash?

Default Whats this rash?

Hi All,

This morning I noticed DD had a bit of a rash on her face. It was mainly behind her ears, a little bit on cheeks and forehead, tiny bit on nose and upper lip. I then changed her nappy, which she was not happy about! And she cried and cried. Sometimes when she cried she gets red blotches on her face (an inheritance from mum! ) but this time it was different. I had a closer look and the dots where over her forehead and went over the scalp too - it pretty much looks like a rash. I had a look at her tummy and back and there is a rash there too.. Doesnt seem to be on the legs, I forgot to check arms!

The rash is red, and slightly raised and looks like it goes redder when upset. Anything to be worried about? Do you think it could be a heat rash? I have started dressing DD in a sleeping bag thingy and she has a flannel romper suit, short armed body suit and singlet underneath. I think last night she was under 2 blankets, but normally kicks them off during the night.. I did notice when she woke after a few hours of sleep, her neck and side of face that she was sleeping on was a little sweaty..

And DD hasnt been herself the past few days - just very clingy and sooky, so I think she may be teething..

So, any thoughts?

I have no idea really, but maybe it's a rash related to some sort of illness? Hopefully someone on here will have a better idea. Otherwise, if you're worried you could call the MCHN hotline, or nurse on call. If you're not too concerned, keep an eye on it, and if it doesn't clear up, or gets worse, take her to the GP.

Rashs are SOOO annoying because you dont know what it could be from! Could be anything - illness, touched something, illergic to food or nothing at all!.. I dont think she ate anything different yesterday and we didnt go anywhere..

Whats the number for the MCHN hotline?? I might save that in my phone incase it gets worse!

I just realised you're in WA, so it will be different over there. There should be a similar hotline though, you'll have to look it up.

Awww Bum! LOL I will have a look through the phone book

Health Direct 1800 022 222