Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did people start for child #2

Default When did people start for child #2

Our DS is 6 months and DH and I are starting to think about trying again for #2. Just wondering what age baby #1 was before others started for #2.

Our DD was 7 months old when we started TTC #2 and she was 13 months when we conceived.

We've already started too...

We waited til Ella turned one then began TTC. We fell preg the first month trying so there will be 21 months between our girls

This is our first month trying for #2, so DS was 11 months. Planned on starting when he was 1 but couldn't wait LOL.

gigi01 Guest

Rae - I was the same - my Ella had just turned one when I found out I was pregnant with #2 - we were not going to start trying really until the next month, but what do you know....it just happened! So only 8 weeks to go and we will have number 2.....20-21months apart.

Good luck to those TTC!

We started trying for Charlotte when Madison was 11 months, and we feel pregnant straight away, so there is just over 20 months between our girls

We'll be starting when Nina is 9 months, in the hope they'll be 18-24 months apart.

My little girl is nearly 10 months and we have been trying for a while and nothing is happening but I am just going with the flow.

Debbie Lee Guest

We started TTC #2 when Gabby was 17 months old, fell pregnant when she was 21 months old. She'll be 2 years and 4 months old when Little Bee is born

Never mind me....lol.... im preg with #2 and my DD is only 12 weeks old. there will be 10.5-11 months between them~! And we couldnt be happier!!

Kirsty77 Guest

We started when Gemma was 4 months and fell pregnant first cycle!! So there is only 13 months between our girls.......and we LOVE it!!

We started TTC as soon as AF returned (Jack was 7 months). He was 11months when we conceived but Tom arrived 3.5 weeks early, so there is 19 months between the boys. The first 3 months were hard but very worth it, and I am so happy they are close. It is really easy now and the boys get along really well. Jack was never jealous at all.

I didn't want to start TTC til I could be sure my first had a certain amount of independence and could at least walk - I also wanted to try and avoid 2 in nappies full time and I really wanted to spend time with number one only before bringing number two into the mix. So since DS#1 didn't even totter until 14 mths I considered trying after that but then we had organised a trip already arranged for the September of that year so I left it til then to start trying so I didn't miss the skiing (and bubs would also be born at different stage of year if we fell straight away). We fell straight away and thus by the time Samuel arrived there was approx 32mths between each - has worked out well for us but this time round I've been wanting to try for number three since DSwas 5months old - pity DH won't enter into the idea of a number 3 LOL.

ETA - my older one has had no jealousy (in fact Sam gets jealous of DS#1), he helps with the baby, plays with him and loves him too death. Sam also loves DS#1 - quite DS#1 is the only one who can make him happy when he's upset.

Good luck with your decision process and TTC, when you decide the time is right for you
    Last edited by jaspen; February 23rd, 2007 at 08:38 AM.

levi and this new one will be just over 2 years apart i wanted my children close in age so they can grow up and bond with each other.

No 1 was 7 years when I tried for number 2!! prob not quite what you were looking at !! xo

We never really stopped trying (didn't bother with contraception after K's birth because we were happy to have another straight away!). However I was/am BF and I didn't get AF back until K was about 11m and I got PG again when he was 13m.

We tried when DD was 7 months old. Fell straight away but unfortunately we lost that bub.
    We decided to wait a bit before trying again. Eventually we started trying again when she was 14 months old, fell straight away again and so along came DS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast