Thread: When Did you introduce eggs into your toddlers diet?

Default When Did you introduce eggs into your toddlers diet?

When did you introduce egg into your toddlers diet? Which part of the egg is a potential allergen? What age did you introduce it? If DS would have a reaction to it, when would it be likely to occur?

Thanks Heaps guys!

Its the egg white that is the most known allergen, I introduced egg yolks around 9months to Matilda in other things like baking etc, and at 11 months I introduced whole eggs in baked goods so only a small portion was consumed ykwim? A few weeks later I introduced whole eggs as like scrambled eggs for breakfast etc & gave her an egg every other day for 6 days. When I didn't notice any difference in skin/temperment or tummy I started using them all the time. HTH!

ETA: The reason I started the whole egg at 11 months is really silly... but mainly because I wanted to have egg in her birthday cake.
    Last edited by christy; November 1st, 2006 at 05:14 PM.

Oooh, I can't really remember exactly when it was, but is was a little bit before they were 12months and I just gave them a bit of toast dipped in runny yolk. They didn't have whole egg until after that because they didn't really go much on it by itself, but they had it in cooking.

Because of Zander's eczema we were recommended to hold off on any potential allergenic type foods, so he was a late starter with eggs & had the yolk just after 12months. After a month he had the white & now eats any.

I introduce egg around the 11 month mark.. I was told by my child health nurse when I had my 1st son that the 12 month immunisation has egg product or something in it and to introduce egg before thier 12 month needles. I am unsure if this still applies but I still did it with both son 2 and 3 and will do the same for the next baby we have.. Egg scares me lol

Unfortunately we had to learn the hard way that Ella is severely allergic to eggs.... at 11 months we made her a custard with a little egg and was off to the Dr. We've since had a skin ***** test and yep - no eggs for my gal...but it's the egg white which gives her the biggest reaction.

I gave Kynan well cooked egg yolk mixed with his vegies at around 8-9m I think, and like Christy, introduce whole egg just before 12m because I wanted him to be able to have his birthday cake LOL!

Another question about egg... when is it okay for toddlers/kids to have raw or runny eggs, or when can you start letting them have a bit of raw biscuit/cake mix? So far I've only been letting Kynan have a bit of egg-free biscuit mix when I'm baking.

Fortunately we don't have any allergies whatsoever in our families, so i was a bit relaxed about it all with Lucie. She probably started having egg (both yolk and white) around 9 months. She loves egg and often has 2 hard boiled (but sometimes with yolk still a bit runny) with her breakfast

I was the same as soph, although I had baked stuff earlier & let Indah try & one day realised it was egg & supposed to be cautious, so at about 8mths I started cooking eggs & letting her have some, no probs!