Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when did your baby...?

Default when did your baby...?

1. Start sleeping longer at night?

AND

How did it start?

Did you cut out a feed? If yes, how old was baby and HOW did you do it?

Debbie Lee Guest

Gab just progressively started sleeping longer and longer. Sure... we had some bad nights but, over time, she slept for longer stints.
    I can't really put a number on it but I think she started sleeping thru fairly consistently around 3-4 months old? I remember freaking out when she first slept for 12 hours straight! I had to check and make sure she was still alive.

Nina has started sleeping through the night since last week (6 weeks) she'll occassionally wake up for a nappy change, but will generally sleep for 8 hours straight

DS started sleeping thru at 12 Weeks, when we introduced farex, and when he woke at night, we stuck his dummy in instead of feeding him, and gave him an extra feed thru the day instead.

Ummm Zander started sleeping through about 3 weeks ago!

LOL Sarah... 3 days over here!!!

But seriously Matilda has never been a keen sleeper and woke every 2 hours until around 12 weeks and then 3 hoursly until 5months and then 4 hourly until 9 months and then she woke 1-2 times and we sometimes fed her and sometimes didn't depending on what had happened throughout the day etc...

At 18 months she slept through for 3-4 weeks and then went back to waking once nightly and now at 28 months she's slept through a few times in a row.... HTH!

Awwww Sarah! You poor thing....what worked? can you point me to the thread.....When I say DS slept thru at 3 months, I am not mentioning the sleepless nights that we have starded having now LOL!

DS started sleeping though at 11 weeks, from memory he just started doing it on his own. DD has slept through the night since birth except for 2 nights when she woke at 2am.

We still have waking every 2-3 hours here lol...one day..hehe

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by christy View Post
    At 18 months she slept through for 3-4 weeks and then went back to waking once nightly and now at 28 months she's slept through a few times in a row....
    I am sooooo not listening to that Christy. *blocks ears and shouts lalalalalala*
    And when I say sleeping through for three weeks i mean for the most part he sleeps, but I still get up once a night a few times a week!

Have a look at this thread Ally
    Last edited by {sarah}; October 9th, 2006 at 08:09 PM.

Lucy started sleeping for ab out 5hours a night at a couple of months old, and then gradually increased to 8 hours a night now. Her last feed is at 7pm, then she goes to bed about 7:30-8:00pm. She will next wake at 4am for a feed.

She started doing this herself, we didn't need to encourage it, though I'm very grateful!!

Aidyn began sleeping through somewhere between 2 and 3 months old. The thing that helped was giving him a dreamfeed at about 10pm just before we went to bed, this would seem to tide him through till early morning.
    That was our first experience of him sleeping through, but over the next years the sleeping is very much 'on again, off again'.
    We usually get a bad couple of weeks sleepwise every 3 or so months, but it has settled down a lot more in the last 6 months (he is nearly 2.5 now). Needless to say whenever he is sick, sleeping well at night always goes out the window!

Thanks Sarah, I'll check it out

Cait stopped waking in the middle of the night at about six months. I had changed her last feed of the day to a formula and I did controlled crying for about five days and she was fine. I didn't just do the patting thing, I would pick her up when I went back in. It was five sleepless nights for both of us, but worth it in the long run. My friends' daughter is 2.5 years old and still wakes for a bottle anytime between 2am - 5am. >>shudder<<

Alex has 'slept through' (about 8-10 hours)from about six weeks. Before then, he would only wake up once at night.

I found for both of them to have their room light during the day and only pull the blind at night. Cait used to get her days and nights mixed up, but Alex never has. The hardest thing in the beginning is going along with what they want, they still think they are part of you, so feeding and settling every two to three hours is the go. I was also a big wrapper when they were wee babies, both arms in, even if they got one out. And I wrapped Alex in a cot sheet from early on rather than a bunny rug.

Callum started sleeping through at 6 months after starting him on solids but now 8 months he is starting to wake for a bottle at nights. Sometimes twice. Grrrrr and I cant seem to get him out of it....lol

Missy

Fee Guest

I find it's hard to define sleeping through! Cooper usually goes 8-10 hours between feeds at night. But his last feed is at 6.00 pm so this means he will wake for another feed around 2-4am. Yet I know other mums who say their baby sleeps through they sleep the same amount as Cooper but it's only because they have their last feed later at night IYKWIM.

I don't like to wake Cooper. He's obviously tired at 6.00 pm and this is when he wants to go to bed!

He's been going 8 hours between feeds since he was about 2 weeks old. Then at 9 weeks he slept through for the first time (12 hours between feeds 6am to 6pm). He has only done this once. Since then he sometimes goes 10 hours, although some nights it's still 8 hours.

I'm waiting for him to do it again!

Matthew started sleeping through the night at 10 months.

Adrian has been sleeping through the night (8 plus hours) since 8 weeks.

They are all different as my two have shown me

LOL still waiting here, only I get up 40-60 times a night to resttle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast