Thread: When did your happy chucker stop chucking??

Default When did your happy chucker stop chucking??

As the title suggests I am wondering when babies who are pretty happy chuckers stop chucking. DS chucking got worse at about 2.5 to 3 months old and its driving me kinda loopy. Just wondering when this stopped for some of the older bubs?

Oh I remember that stage well and am happy to say that the chucking is no longer! I think it was around when we introduced solids that the chucking reduced and shortly after that it stopped altogether. Gone are the days of 100 clothes changes a day and the washing machine running 24/7! Good luck, hopefully you will have the same experience and the chucking will stop soon as your gorgeous little bubba is nearly 6 months and ready for solids!

Bub stopped chucking all together at 10 months. He also started to chuck less after introducing solids, but it didn't stop till 10 months. So much easier now... Hang in there, this will pass!

Maybe around 5-6 months, on the most part, but still occasional spew, now nothing at all and has been like that for several months. Prbably around 10 mths like Esme said.

It does pass and it will soon be a distant memory, but it will be replaced by something else

Arabella was a massive spewer and a happy spewer too. She is just on 8 months old now and has almost stopped. I noticed it slowing down about a month ago thank heavens. Now I can think about getting our new carpet layed LOL...

I saw the dr about this very issue today. DS is 10.5 months and still a massive chucker. The Dr said it would get better when he started to walk!

I hope your bubs starts to throw up less a whole lot sooner than this- as you can see from previous replies, a lot do get better earlier. But just a word of warning- if your child does continue to chuck, it tends to get worse when they start to crawl because they are on their tummy so much. The dr said thats very common too.

sigh. I am so sick of being covered in vomit.

around 5 or 6 mths! He sometimes still does but thats only because he is playing roughly with daddy after a bottle or body slamming me whilest I'm lying on the floor after something to eat. It isn't much just a teaspoon amount maybe...

Cameron (who is now almost 11months) was a happy chucker too...I think he was about 9 months when it finally stopped, though he has been a little chucky again over the last couple of weeks (but this could be because we are doing more FF, rather then BF). I noticed it kinda eased a little though once I introduced solids at 5.5months, but maybe 80% of the time (instead of 100%) there was a chuck (hence the good supply of face washers, aka spew rags we have). Then for a while he seemed to mainly chuck in when I put him in his car seat (he would've been about 7months I think)...which kept up for about 2months, then seemed to stop around 9months.

One of my friend though had a happy chucker til her son was more like 12months - but only around milk time (they wer still BF then).

Hope it eases for you soon, but just in case have a good supply of facewashers, bibs and even terry towelling nappies on hand.

I notice many of you mention that it eases with the introduction of solids... do you think it was the introduction of solids that did it, or just the age the chucking improved happened to coincide with the age of solids introduction? Or is that perhaps a little bit like the chicken and the egg?

Another happy chucker in this house - but we are at least learning how to hold him and lift him without getting drowned ourselves. Can't quite figure out how to keep his clothes clean, though!

BW

Mine were ALL massive chuckers. They stopped around 9 mths or so.

DS got a lot better around the time of solids (which was also the time of sitting up a lot more). The happy chucking was pretty much gone by 9 months. At the time I thought it would never end and it drove me crazy (always wearing my "spew" clothes at home). And the bibs !! my gosh the bibs !! But I look back now and I hardly remember it.

I'd agree that it probably has to do with the introuction of solids

He only stopped when he went on HA-AR formula. I had hoped that solids would help but they didn't.

It stopped at about 7 or 8 months.

I was told that the introduction of solids helps because they have something more solid in their belly rather than just milk so it helps it to stay down. One of the things the paed gave me for DD's reflux was a thickener that apparently can help with the chucking. Not sure if it had much effect as we got it around the time DD started solids anyway, and the stuff was soooo gross I hardly used it!

Thanks for all your replies everyone. Nice to know it doesn't go on forever. Lachlan has been alot better in the last few days. Not sure why, haven't changed anything but he does go through good patches so hopefully this one will continue and we will be lucky to have solids fix the problem.

Bun I got some karicare thickener for his formula and i agree it is gross. only used it once when dh used it and he chucked as much if not more than usual. Oh well, not long now till solids!

My girl has been a happy chucker too - I measure this by how many bibs we go through on one day - when a newborn - about 10 - now 1-2!! So an improvement - my gp told me it would stop when she can sit up, tummy muscles then are much stronger - she's nearly sitting up and doesn't chuck near as much - but the odd day still surprises me. Can be a real pain, but you get used to going everywhere with the chucky rag over your shoulder!!

It will improve ........ eventually !!

Lee

DS was a chucka and DD had reflux. Both stopped around 6 months, after they had started solids. I guess the thicker foods in their tummy helped stop anything else coming up.