Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When should baby go into the Nursery alone??

Mia'sMummy Guest

Question When should baby go into the Nursery alone??

Hi everyone
    I'm just wondering if I'M normal.. I don't want to move my little girl into the nursery!! She has the most beautiful nursery, its absolutely gorgeous. When we first bought her home she slept in our room in her cradle... it was a Boori one so she stayed in it till about 4 months, but she got too big for that so we moved her cot into our room... And months later I still don't feel ready to move her into her own room... I am very safety conscious and can't stand the thought of her being in another room. I have visions in my head of her being 16 years old still in our room.. LOL. People keep asking 'is she in her own room yet' so I feel abit of pressure about it... My Fiance's not concerned at all, he thinks when we're all ready for the change it will happen & not to worry about anything that anyone says cos we're all happy & healthy... (isn't that a sweet thing for a guy to say).

I'm just wondering what other people have done??

Yep - you'll move her when you're ready I completely agree with your DF

We're the opposite! DS was in his own room for about 6 months... now he's in our bed almost every night hehehe.

Just do whatever you are comfortable with.

If it isn't a worry for you then keep doing what you are doing...

Me personally, I am a light sleeper so prefer them in their own room. I've had them in a cradle and co slept and that didn't work for me.
    Mason was in his room from 6 weeks and the others from birth.

My babies stay in my room till they are ready to move into a big bed. No offense to anyone but I hate the idea of a baby in its own room. My boys stayed with us till Glenn was old enough to move to a normal bed & now the 2 boys share a room & a bed actually. They have bunks with the bottom being a double. They like to be together on the bottom so thats how they are. Isla will stay in our room for as long as she likes too. If she is too big for the cot & still in our room then I wil just put her in our bed.

your fiance is right. personally we moved angelica sometime around 5 months (when she got too big for the basinette). but that was because we all slept better when she was in a seperate room (her included). i had the baby monitor up as loud as possible and would check her constantly to begin with. but i can definitely understand the urge to have them in your room for as long as possible - it is a completely individual thing.

Ella was in a bassinette in our room for a few weeks (she was 6 weeks prem so i couldn't bare to part from her at first). When we moved her into her own room it was the best thing ever. She was a snuffly sleeper and it became too easy to let her sleep in our bed so we cut those strings as early as we could. We have a baby monitor so felt comfortable with her being alone. She ended up sleeping much better without us by her side anyway.

The plan is for this next bub to go straight into her cot in the nursery from day one.

Our DD went into her own room at about 5 months. At 7 months she had a bit of a health crisis and I could not stand her being in a different room in case something happened in the night. She is now 4 and a half and still in with us, in a single bed next to our double bed. There are only 3 of us in the house so we can see no reason why she should sleep on her own when DH and I get to sleep together. We are going to decorate her room the way she wants it soon as I suspect when she gets to school she will want her own room. So do whatever suits you and yes, your DH is very cute.

Jenna was in our room til about 6m, and then we moved her out - but since then the monitor hasn't been turned off! So even coming up to 2yo, we still listen to her through the monitor.
    Hamish is 3m now, and in about a month he will be out of his bass, and we will likely move the cot into our room, like we did with Jenna. Then we are thinking about moving Hamish in with Jenna when we are ready for him to be out of our room.
    The reasonwe moved Jenna out was that we were starting to wake her when we got up during the night, and it was just hard on her. She is still a very light sleeper.

You just do what feels right. I hated the idea of moving her into the other room too cause it meant getting up in a cold house to get her for night feeds! Often she would end up being in bed with us all night anyway.

motherduck Guest

I agree with DF when you are ready you will move he to her own room if you are not comfortable without her in your room you are only going to lose sleep worring, don't worry to much about what other people say.

With #1 DD she was in my room till she was 3 years old cause I lived in a share house with friends even when she moved into her own room she still came into our bed for morning cuddles till she was 8 years. With #2 DD we moved her to her to her own room at 6 months now she is 2 years 10 months and she won't come to our room for morning cuddles.
    Jessica & Jack just moved into thier room last night they are 5 months today and I must admit I woke up constantly last night to check on them but they slept fine and it was much quieter in our room because Jack tends to snore, grunt, groan a bit I think Jess is use to it.
    Jean

everyone is different when you are ready you'll know it, personally jack went into his owm from day 1 the only time he is in same room is when we visit the grandparents

lindie Guest

MiasMommy,

As you know Jett is still in our room and we have another baby on the way....Mmmm wonder who started this off......

Jetts still fine we will make the leap soonish...

Shes happy and likes the bigscreen TV, Tell daddy that she needs a plasma to move rooms LOL!!!!!

Lindie

we were so paranoid with our first boy, but he stayed in our room for 3 months then went to the nursery with the baby monitor on. but he slept in portacot in loungeroom for daytime naps. the only thing about putting him in nursery was that when he was in our room i only had to lean over to see him and hear his breathing or feel his tummy. but DH and i got up quite a few times during the night "just to check". we were more relaxed with our second boy but he still stayed in our room for 3 months.

your are the mum, so whatever you are comfortable with. its your child and you raise bubs the way you feel is best for all of you. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Like everyone else has said, do what is comfortable for you and ignore what everyone else thinks!
    My personal experience is that we have had DD in her room since day 1 and have a baby monitor to listen to her. She has slept in our bed a total of three times - all occassions where it has been early morning and we haven't been able to settle her but wanted to sleep still! She has slept well on those occassions but normally she gets freaked out in our room - I think it's the way the light comes through the curtains...

Mia'sMummy Guest

Hey BIG SIS lindie,
    I was wondering how long it would take to cross paths!!
    Thanks everyone for your opinions It's interesting to see what other people do & have done.

I too put Maddy & Indah straight into the cot from day 1, I cannot sleep listening to baby snuffles & I'd be awake alnight, so this works fur us (except the baby room is the furtherest from our bedroom & I hate monitors so have never had or used one) I can CLEARLY hear my baby/ies when they cry, but our house is small, so it's not that far away...

There is NO right or wrong answer, just what suits you...!

If Indah wakes & does sleep with us (til she's asleep again & then Dh returns her to her cot) I dont tell anyone anymore coz they will judge you, so I simply dont say anything! If anyone asks you fropm now on just ignore the question, it has nothing to do with them anyways!

Both my kids were put in there own room around 3 weeks, I have the monitor on all the time so I can here DD(we have a loooong house). My friend only just moved her 9 1/2 month old into her own room. Each to their own.

Ellie

As alot of others have said every one is different

My first son was 13 months when he left our room and my 2nd son was 16 months old and my 3rd son was 14 months.

You need to do what you are comfortable with. DD has been in her room in a cot from day 1, her room is the furthest room from ours so we have a monitor. works for us plus i didn't bust my gut painting a gorgeous room if she wasn't going to use it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast