Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you look back what do you wish you had done with your bub?

Default When you look back what do you wish you had done with your bub?

Hi everyone

What kinds of things do you wish you had done with your little one when they were still a baby?

I don't want anyone to feel guilty, but I think we all learn from each other's experiences, so I thought I'd ask this question.

The things that maybe you didn't get a chance to because of the time, lack of opportunity/resources or you didn't even realise you could! Your wishes might give me some ideas I wouldn't have thought of until it's too late.

To get the ball rolling, I wish I had gotten stamps of Lucy's hand and footprints when she was a brand new baby.

I'm not sure - I have a mothers day card with her feet as a 1 month old, so I'm OK with that side of things.
    I wish I'd had some professional photos taken at an early age - you know when all they do is sleep. Those photos are sooooo cute
    I dont think I'd change anything - I hope I do as well with the next one!

I wouldn't change anything after they were born because they have turned out OK so I figured I'd done something right LOL, but when I was pg with Paige I had some belly pics done that turned out just fabulous and I really wished I had it done with Lindsay and Erin too.

Jodie259 Guest

My little one is only 8 weeks old... so I'm also keen to hear what mothers wish they had done.

But a friend of mine noticed all my photos of Shaun and said their was none with me (I was always holding the camera). She said that was her regret. So I made a bigger effort to take some photos with my baby.

I recently did a plaster moulding of Shauns hands and feet. My husband had to help me do it and it was a bit stressful doing it. But the results were soooo worth it!! Two tiny little feet & two tiny little hands. I am so glad I did it. I also did a plaster cast of my pregnant belly - 4 days before I gave birth! I'm glad I did that too.

My regret was not taking progressive shots of my preggy belly. With digital cameras, theres no excuse!

I wish I had gotten someone to take some photos of Maddy and I when she was REALLY little. I only have about 2 (one a few hours after she was born, and the other on Boxing Day - 2 days after she was born) but have plenty with her on her own or with someone else. Oh, and the footprints thing too!

Oh yes, the photos thing was one I thought of and tried to make sure it got done.

But I have had more trouble getting video of the two of us together! I try to set the camera up sometimes and do things with her in front of it, but it doesn't work as well as if someone else had taken the video.

Yep more photos.
    I have heaps and heaps of photos of her as a newborn/tiny bub. But hardly any of just me and her or daddy and her, or the three of us as a family.

I have to agree with the photos thing. We have two shots of us as a family so far - we are going to have to improve on that.

The other thing I really regret is hospital pics just after the birth. We got about 4 shots and I wish we had more. We also didn't take photos of us leaving the hospital or his first car trip or anything like that which I was sad about as it would have been great for the scrapbook (which I haven't started yet LOL).

With relation to my pregnancy I wish I had done professional shots.

I'm sure I'll have more to add soon enough hehe!

I wish i got professional photos when pregnant with Lily. Which is why i'm definatly getting them done this time around. Also wish there were more photos of my, Jacob and Lily together, but i always hate getting my photo taken.

i never got any belly pics when i was pregnant with T that is my regret

Same with the photos - I have heaps of posed belly only pics, but none of me just casually doing stuff while pregnant, also not alot of pics of Zander & me together as I'm always the one taking them!

I wish that I had bought our video camera earlier so that I could have filmed Kyla when she was first born and so little.....I can hardly believe she was only 31b1oz now!!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

where can you get the plaster mould kits to do your own ... how expensive are they compared to twinkle toes ones ?

what is best ink to use to do hand and footrpints ?

tiggy Guest

Trish, I used acrylic paint for hand and foot prints.

I regret not having many photos with me and my babies (especially the girls) but I have gotten better with each baby making Dave take some photos of me with them when they were little. I think I only have one of me with the girls when they were babies, a few more with Lily, stacks with William and at least one a month with Ivy and Noah.

My biggest regret with the first set of twins is that I didn't co sleep with them until they were around two. I had a really strict sleep routine with them. If I had my time over, I would have just piled them into bed with Dave and I and cuddled them! All that rocking and patting in the freezing cold nights of Winter and we all could have been alot happier and warmer if I had just put them in bed with me.

My regret with Lily was that I bowed to family pressure (namely, my Dad) and went back to work when Lily was just a little baby. I missed her first word and her first step and I will feel sad about that forever. I would stand my ground and stay at home with her and the girls if I had my chance again.

My regret with these babies, so far, is that I spent the whole pregnancy stressed out. I didn't enjoy any of the pregnancy, the birth was scary and the first 8 weeks in the NICU were a blur. Other than that, I regret listening to others too much and not trusting my own instincts when it comes to parenting.

Sal Guest

I regret not giving Miles the number of baby massages that I had planned on doing when I was pg with him (I was just totally exhausted and didn't factor this in LOL).

I had those 'hospital' photos taken of Miles (mum pressured me, I was going to say no due to how much they cost) but I'm so glad I have a quality photo of him as a day-old bub.

OK, I'm not going to say photos because we have a zillion of them LOL. But I do wish I had some pregnancy ones done. I just don't know who I would get to do them. That would be hard. But I think it is something I will do next time. And I keep thinking we should get some family ones done, but again, it is really hard for me to go to another professional photographer...

Jodie259 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Baby~amore`
    where can you get the plaster mould kits to do your own ... how expensive are they compared to twinkle toes ones ?

what is best ink to use to do hand and footrpints ?
    I got my plaster kits on eBay. they cost from $25-45
    You go to baby & maternity => keepsakes => casting kits
    I bought from this eBay seller: item no: 4890223654 & I got two CDs.... one about going into labour (which I didn't watch) and the heart beat sounds which I use regularly!!
    They have a website too (but I can't write it here) - but you can email me if you want it - or try to find it via ebay.
    In hindsight, it was fairly easy to do. But prior to doing it I was very nervous about the results. But ours turned out great.

I was trying to find stamp ink to do hand & foot prints - and didn't even think about paint! I couldn't find stamp ink anywhere at our local shops, so I'm going to try paint. I've got a baby book that has a page for prints... don't want to leave it too late!

littlerigger Guest

if you have a srapping shop nearby jodie, the versa inks are great. wash of easily and sooo soo many wonderful colours. AND because it's not gluggy like paint it gives really detailed results! you can see every little crease in ryan's feet on the ones that I did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast