Thread: Where does your baby sleep?

Default Where does your baby sleep?

Hi guys my DS is 5 months old and since forever he has only really napped for 1/2 hour at a time during the day in his room. He sleeps great at night and only gets up once between 9.30 pm and 7.00 and I am happy with that. My problem is his day sleeps..... he will sleep for an hour or more if I leave him on the couch or in the pram in the lounge.
    Friends of mine say their babies slept in the rocker/pram in the lounge when they were little and in their room at night and they had no probs.
    I kinda think whatever works and he needs sleep etc but then part of me thinks he should sleep in his room!
    I dunno what to do any help would be fantastic
    thanks
    Take care all
    xox

I know some people think they have to sleep in their room but I think it is a great attribute for them to be happy sleeping in more than one place. I honestly wouldnt worry about it at all. We used to sleep DS on the couch next to me working on my laptop. Eventually he got too big and wiggly for it to be safe but it worked well for quite a well there.

sophie has never slept anywhere except in her room

The best place for your baby to sleep is where you and he are happy and where he gets a good sleep.

jack has always slept in his room at night but for naps has been our bed futon, lounge, pram basically wherever he is happy he has gone to sleep in lounge and I have moved him to his cot he will sleep for maybe 40min then wake crying then if I bring him back to lounge will happily go back to sleep for another 1hr or more

I dont think it will do your little fella any harm it does help when out and about if they will sleep else where Jack used to fall asleep in the middle of rug surrounded by his mums group friends LOL

During the day Darlie sleeps in her playpen, on the couch or on my lap if I need a nap too!! If I put her in her cot she doesn't sleep nearly as well!
    At night she has always been a great sleeper in her cot so I don't worry. Whatever works

do whatever works!!
    maybe he likes noise, thought about playing music in his room?
    seriously if he seems to sleep better in the lounge, let him, things chop and change so much it might only be a few weeks then he might start sleeping better elsewhere....
    i think so much emphasis is placed on WHERE the baby sleeps, when the most important thing (I think) is the fact that the baby is sleeping!!

Ryan sleeps in his room all night but usually naps in our bed during the day so I can cuddle up with him and read while spending time with my sleeping beauty or sit on the laptop and stroke his back while he sleeps

thanks everyone that really helps
    i think i will just go with what works for us! Emma1979 i think you are right its about the actual sleep! And i guess i would rather a baby that likes noise rather than one that has to sleep when its quiet!
    Take care all
    xox

During the day Oskar used to sleep on the lounge next to me on his belly until he was around 5 months old. Then it was our bed and now it's his cot in our room. He was originally in a hammock and still only slept in it at night.