Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will be Good for DS and Good for me.

Another thing that I think is good is the fact that so many are happy to admit that they ned that time to them selves to be able to function as a normal happy person. So many mothers struggle with out any help because they don't want people to think they can't handle it. I know my sister for example struggled with PND with out realising that was the problem with #2. it wasn't till #3 came along that she was able to admit she had a problem. When we spoke about it she said the reason she didn't say anything before was because she was under so much pressure to appear to be coping to impress her MIL.

That is a good point Fiona.......it took me ages to "admit" to my OB and his midwife that the reason I always ask for my appts to be on a Friday is because that is when Olivia and Charlie are in child-care. I finally "admitted" to them (because the midwife was asking where Charlie was, LOL!) and of course they didn't "judge" me at all (which I had subconsiously been aftaid of!) & the midwife congratulated me on being aware enough to take time out for myself and my NEW baby, who whilst she is not out yet, still needs some attention!

(After my appt I ususally make time to go home and listen to a birthing relaxation CD which I just don't get time or opportunity to do with Olivia and Charlie racketting around, LOL!)

Lucy, I am with you all the way! This is another reason why i am considering Day care, 1 day a week, as i am planning on TTC no2 and i know that i will need time out to recover from tirdness, and sickness etc etc. And unborn bubs needs some attention too as you say!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12