Thread: wipe warmers

srnjlouw Guest

Question wipe warmers

hi there

i want to know if there is anyone out there that is using an wipe warmer? and what do you think about it and what brand is it. i am thinking of getting a wipe warmer for bub but do not know what to buy and if they work aswell as they say it does. i want to put cloth wipes in it. as the winter is here bub does not like to be wipe of with cold wipes and are very funny about it and my toddler well he hates it. i am currently using plain water or sometimes i make my own solution and put it into an sprayer so that when bub needs to be change i wet the wipe and then wipe bub clean but the thing is that it is cold so that is why i am looking for an wipe warmer. hope that there is someone out there that can give me some advise on the warmers.

RenHinde Guest

wow, a wipe warmer! i always keep my wipes near the heater, that keeps them warm! or i place them on my knee before i start the nappy change that warms them up a lil...

srnjlouw Guest

Post wipe warmer

hi
    thanks for reply that can work but we do not have a heater in bubs room wel not one that is on permanently and if i do put the wipes were the heaters are, then i can tell you i will forget that the wipes are there and have to get bub then the wipes and go back so i am looking for something more practical but will try the warming wipe on legs althoug does your wipes not wet your legs when you warm it up like that?

RenHinde Guest

lol, not very wet, i dont mind if they do get me a lil wet, a wipes warmer sounds like a good idea for you! i always change DS in the lounge room, right infront of the heater, so i guess thats why it works for me!

I just bought one of these for my sister who is due to have her first baby next month. I have no idea if they work or not but I figured it can't hurt to try. I bought it from Toys R Us for around $50 and at the time it came with a change table caddy for free. All my sis needs to do is replace some kind of anti-bacterial thing in them every few months.
    Sorry I wasn't really of any help.

I've seen one in the ToysRus catalogue as well.
    Also check out ebay. I saw a couple of ebay, i think the brand is called Prince Lionheart? these could even be the ones that are at ToysRus?
    I did read that one of them needed water put in it to keep the wipes moist?

Nic

I used to keep a few wipes in a zip lock bag and soak the bag in a bowl of warm water for a few mins. Works a treat

Oh wow now I feel like a mean mummy...I never knew there was such a thing! It never occurred to me to warm them up!

Don't stress curly.
    I laughed my head off when I first heard about them. I thought it was the funniest thing I'd heard.
    Personally I thought, some mothers will buy anything. Please don't be offended anyone buy me saying this, JMHO.
    I won't be buying one, but each to their own and I don't begrudge anyone for buying one. Just not my thing. lol

I thought the same thing Becci lol!
    But then I thought about how I wouldn't like someone slapping something cold on me in the middle of the night. I haven't actually bought one though, just looked.
    Raven, I never thought of putting them in some warm water.

Nic

My mum bought the one from toys r us that came with the free caddy, it is pretty good great for those cold days/nights.

Yeah I know, mustn't be nice having that on your privates in the middle of the night.
    When I told DBF about them he thought it was a good idea. I think he had great sympathy for out baby boy to be when he thought about it. The excitment for the product disappeared when he saw the price though! lol

Wowzas! I've never heard of them either!..I'm off to have a look!
    We keep our wipes on the window ledge and the sun warms ours during the day- just not at night or in the early in the morning!