Thread: worming

Default worming

Is worming something you routinely do, or only if you know your child has been exposed to someone who has/had them?

Mum used to give us the worming choccies periodically ( I think it was 6 or 12 monthly), but my MCHN said it was not necessary unless I knew he'd been incontact with someone infected. But that doesnt account fo any animals hes in contact with etc?

I'm a bit confused as to whats the best thing to do...

I would only do it if necessary.
    Ypu will know if your child has worms he will be always scratching his bum. You will also see the worms in his poo

And you all have to be done.... we did the mixture I dose DH said it was ok but then you get hit with the after taste , Because E is in the dirt and around animals and daycare alot we wormed her.
    She was having a tug at her bottom abit too much and daycare couldnt believe she ate so much!
    She isnt hungry all the time now and stopped digging in her undies so I think it is safe to say she had them. It is also a sign of unsettledness at night
    Bec

thanks. I dont think he has them, mums just been on my back to worm him "just in case" and I didn't really want to.

Oh dear, Maggie has been scratching her bum today and has been complaining that is hurts or is itchy. Along with her constant hunger, it could be worms. It is going to be hard to treat all of us if I am not allowed to take anything.

What age do u start worm kids from?

I usually treat every 6 months.
    I have treated Aidyn recently actually, after noticing him scratching his bum... I treated DP too, but nothing for myself due to being pg.
    I will probably wait until a couple months after birth and then treat us again.
    We have 2 cats, DS always plays in the dirt around our home, and goes to daycare, so I am quite sure that he is regularly exposed.

I have only treated if they are infected. DD2 is the only one who has ever had them but i treated everyone much to DD1s disgust LOL