thread: Would you have your child tested?

paradise lost Guest

What a lovely hot mumma and her brood of cuties!!!

Bx

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2004
    Cairns QLD

I was hot too hoobley. Out in the sun for an hour!

Hey do you get the kids show "The Hoobs" over there? Every time I see your username come up I get the theme song stuck in my head!

paradise lost Guest

hooble dooble doo! Or whatever it is... I haven't seen it for about a year, but yeah, we get it. I love it but it's not where the username is from.

Bx

Jul 2005
    Sydney

You have the most gorgeous kids, Fiona. I can't help but think that every time I see them!

Apr 2007
    the Sauna

i would test ... its not going to do any harm ....in the long run it will help ..

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2004
    Cairns QLD

aw thanks Jennifer.

The thing is too its to help prevent early Heart Disease. Not so much High Cholesterol. Thats how i understand it anyway.
    Last edited by *Efjay*; November 21st, 2007 at 02:17 PM.

joey2 Guest

About Cholesterol, 'Our blood vessels can become damaged in a number of ways-throught irritations caused by free radicals or viruses, or because they are structually weak-and when this happens, the body's natural healing substance steps in to repair the damage. That substance is cholesterol. Cholesterol is a high molecular-weight alcohol that is manufactured in the liver and in most human cells. Like saturated fats, the cholesterol we make and consume plays many vital roles' Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon

And it does not cause heart disease!!! so why test???!

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2004
    Cairns QLD

About Cholesterol, 'Our blood vessels can become damaged in a number of ways-throught irritations caused by free radicals or viruses, or because they are structually weak-and when this happens, the body's natural healing substance steps in to repair the damage. That substance is cholesterol. Cholesterol is a high molecular-weight alcohol that is manufactured in the liver and in most human cells. Like saturated fats, the cholesterol we make and consume plays many vital roles' Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon

And it does not cause heart disease!!! so why test???!
    But there are good & bad cholesterol & everythign I can find about it says that high levels of the bad cholesterol can increase the risk of Heart Disease. It might not cause it but it does increase the risk.

Feb 2005
    Happy Valley, Adelaide

FJ is right - high levels of bad chol does contribute greatly to heart disease as you get a huge build up along the inside of the arteries which constricts blood flow to the heart. And this can be caused by genetic tendancies or diet - some people produce too much bad chol regardless of how healthily they eat.

May 2007
    Brisbane, Australia

If my child had a poor diet, I'd definitely get them tested.

Feb 2005
    Happy Valley, Adelaide

The point is that even the healthiest eater can still have high levels if their body carries the gene which produces excessive levels on its own. That's something you'd never know unless tested. My mum is a very healthy eater and always has been but had to have a stent put in her heart as her arteries were closing. She had never had her levels tested as she "knew" she was healthy, but ended up having a heat attack in her late 50s. If she had known, she could have been on medication and avoided all the trauma. So she made me get tested and I have high levels too so am now on medication, and I've never eaten a lot of fatty food.